European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Ali - "Ah shit, nothing helps"

Ismene

Bluelighter
With Ali looking a bit rough, I think my fave thing he ever said was when he was coming out of a treatment center in the early 80s after trying some desperate treatment for parkinsons. Someone shouted "Does it help champ?" and Ali sighed and said "Ah shit, nothing helps"

"You're a fucking Gorilla!"

What Ali said to his black opponents in the ring, what a gentleman... and as I think Parkinson described him for his bigotry in the ring, "a psychological master"!!

Last edited:
You sure about that raasy? Are you confusing what he might've said to Joe Frazier in Manilla with "all black opponents"? And even if he did - judgeing people in the past by todays politically correctness is pointless.

If anyone can call a black man a gorilla, it's another black man. So I can't see the problem.

As requested, I've moved the posts made after the news of Ali's passing to a new thread.

I wasn't sure whether to just change the title or make a new thread so if anybody, particularly Ismene, wants it done differently or reversed, just let me know.

If anyone can call a black man a gorilla, it's another black man. So I can't see the problem.

I think it's actually a lot worse for a black man to say it - but that was Ali's game plan, taunt them with the absolute diabolical to disturb their boxing, and a lot of the time it worked.

You sure about that raasy? Are you confusing what he might've said to Joe Frazier in Manilla with "all black opponents"? And even if he did - judgeing people in the past by todays politically correctness is pointless.

I'm going by the Thrilla in Manilla documentary. An outstanding documentary showcasing the fierce rivalry between Joe and Ali and the intensity of their 3rd encounter. It certainly throws another darker perspective onto his flamboyant persona that we're more familiar with, and quotes a lot of the racist aggression he launched on his opponents.

RIP all the same lol

I think it's actually a lot worse for a black man to say it - but that was Ali's game plan, taunt them with the absolute diabolical to disturb their boxing, and a lot of the time it worked.

I'm going by the Thrilla in Manilla documentary. An outstanding documentary showcasing the fierce rivalry between Joe and Ali and the intensity of their 3rd encounter. It certainly throws another darker perspective onto his flamboyant persona that we're more familiar with, and quotes a lot of the racist aggression he launched on his opponents.

RIP all the same lol

Bollocks. Only a spade can call a spade a spade. What fuckin planet are you from matey boy? ;)