• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

ald 52

markosheehan

Bluelighter
Does anyone know what the binding affinities of ald 52 are. I was able to find them for al lad but I can't find them for ald 52.

Could you predict any changes it would have to LSD?

Have al lad,ETH lad, or 1p LSD ever been tested?

Could you predict any changes it would have to LSD?

Have al lad,ETH lad, or 1p LSD ever been tested?

Based on homology models of the 5-HT2A receptor, there is very little space adjacent to N1 in LSD, so substitution in that position should reduce affinity.

Nichols has reported data for ALLAD, ETHLAD, etc. They have about the same 5-HT2A affinity as LSD.

^^^Indeed. Keep in mind OP, ALD-52 will hydrolyze into plain old LSD in vitro...basically just in the presence of heat and water...

It is likely that the preferable effects of ALD-52 do not stem from it binding affinity profile, but rather from more efficient distribution into body tissues, where it eventually will turn into plain LSD (like diamorphine to morphine).

Additionally, the fact that the LSD is going to be slowly (relatively) released into the body, rather than all bind at once, may play an effect.

ALD52 needs either base or enzymatic catalysis to hydrolize, it doesn't do so in just plain water.

Hm. Well, I believe you. I recall having a sample of ALD-52 that was stored in an aqueous soln, that changed in subjective effects after being stored for a while, but I suppose there could have been other factors at play there.

Hm. Well, I believe you. I recall having a sample of ALD-52 that was stored in an aqueous soln, that changed in subjective effects after being stored for a while, but I suppose there could have been other factors at play there.

Seiko is correct. When stored in water, lysergamides epimerize to their iso-form. Furthermore, depending on the storage conditions, water can convert lysergamides to their lumi-derivatives.

Seiko is correct. When stored in water, lysergamides epimerize to their iso-form.
This isn't really an argument for loss of potency, as the psychoactive epimer is much more stable than the other epimer. Using molecular software (Avoagadro), the calculated free energy difference between the 2 epimers leads to an equilibrium ratio of about 5:1. In fact when experimentally tested, the equilibrium ratio is about 9:1.

https://oup.silverchair-cdn.com/oup...bwN7WNOhFg__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIUCZBIA4LVPAVW3Q

This isn't really an argument for loss of potency, as the psychoactive epimer is much more stable than the other epimer. Using molecular software (Avoagadro), the calculated free energy difference between the 2 epimers leads to an equilibrium ratio of about 5:1. In fact when experimentally tested, the equilibrium ratio is about 9:1.

https://oup.silverchair-cdn.com/oup...bwN7WNOhFg__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIUCZBIA4LVPAVW3Q
I understand the equilibrium that results, but the fact is that the epimerization does reduce the potency of LSD in aqueous solution. Although a 10% drop in potency may not seem like a lot, there can also be conversion to lumi-ALD-52, so you have to consider the total drop in potency that would occur due to both reactions.

Last edited: