• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Alcoholic woman admits: ‘I can’t stop drinking hand sanitiser’

I continue to suspect that genetics play a key role in relation to a drug addict's drug of choice.

She obviously needs some proper medical attention, but choosing to mock or judge her will only make things worse - just like every other drug addiction.

Also, I think it's vital that whatever initially caused her to go down this path of self-destruction is thoroughly addressed.

Furthermore, no one should expect her to stop her habit immediately. I'm sure it took her awhile to become so physically dependent and psychologically addicted to ethyl alcohol, therefore, it will most likely take quite some time before she sobers up for good.

I really feel sorry for her. Hopefully she'll receive the help she needs, and none of the prohibitionist/abstinence-only ostracism which continues to be all too common. Even though her drug of choice is legal, she - and other alcoholics - are not necessarily exempt from this sort of treatment.

A bottle of vodka you can chug in one go but a bottle of windshield washer fluid will last long even if you pass it around. An explanation I've heard for drinking denatured alcohol...

This seems to be her brand based on the Dr Phil episode:

9a84fc32-14cc-4b09-9e36-8d7adbfa25c2.jpg

Interesting list of ingredients. Refreshing!

Last edited:
Yuck surprised this doesn't kill you..
or rot hOle in her stomach I def read iso in the ingredients.

Next thing you know she'll be dipping into their supply of isopropyl alcohol :(

I wonder what alcohol's dermal bio-availability is. I would rather just rub a few bottles of this on my skin a day, then drink it.
You would think the clerk at the dollar store would be like 'Didn't you just buy a case of this yesterday? '

Next will be sterno, methanol, fermented toilet wine(just like my cellmate used to make)... let's party like its the 1920's.

Ha, lazyjoe, probly what the clerks were thinking when I would go in and buy a bottle of immodium then be back for another one the next day,lol. Buut, I just don't get the hand sanitizer,anyway dnt know why she went for hand sanitizer when you can get a big ole' thing of Everclear SUPER CHEAP in a liquor store...wish here the best.

This is a good lesson that people will simply use drugs.
They may know that they are killing themselves, but it is still hard to stop.
My best friend in High School told stories of living in Saudi Arabia, where alcohol was illegal.
People drank cologne.
People are going to use drugs, even with terrible penalities as a possibility.
This has been the case in every country in every era of human history.
Time to legalize all drugs, to permit people to do what they do.

^ Or all those people in Russia, turning codeine pills and iodine & who knows what else into that flesh eating stuff.
Getting rid of a supply doesn't get rid of the demand.

God knows I've done things where any normal person would think 'why the hell would you do that?'

Makes me want to learn Portuguese so I can move there any enjoy drug decriminalization.

Why is ISO listed as inactive?
Because it's far less than 30%?

Why do they put it in at all, as if hardcores are not going to be tempted by that 70% ethyl and not give a shit.

Speaking of the human desire to get high, when I was a young man and had nothing, I would hit the library, hit the spice rack, hit the medicine cabinet, learn how to make my own LSD (discovered it was hard).

For some people the urge to get high is strong.

For some people the urge to get high is strong.

Unfortunately, the reasons why humans may wish to temporarily intoxicate themselves with ethyl alcohol and/or other min altering substances are many. It is a very complex topic which cannot be properly addressed with quick fixes which are all too common in America, the British Commonwealth, and elsewhere.

Furthermore, as we are now well in the so called Information Age, thankfully an increasing number of individuals are starting to do their own research on such controversial topics because they seem to have been influenced by racists, hypocrites, and narcissistic sociopaths for reasons having very little to do with their claims of health concerns and children not being thought about.

To treat someone as a lesser human being because of the color of his or her skin is very wrong. Yet this is exactly how one of America's prohibitionist pioneers (Harry Anslinger) looked upon - for example - African-Americans, often calling them "darkies" in public while preaching about the supposed dangers of marijuana, jazz music, and interracial relationships. This clown; this disgrace of a man even influenced the UN Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs treaties - particularly the first of three in 1961. And here's the kicker: zero first-hand/personal experience regarding marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and whatever else is currently classified as a Schedule I substance in the U.S. Yet he's treated like an expert on the topic. "Fuck logic!"