• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol withdrawl??

Smithak2113

Greenlighter
I am a 30 year old male. I have been drinking pretty consistently for the last 2 months. Most week days I will have around 8-10 beers at night after work. On weekends it can be closer to 16-20. I do not drink during the day at all except for the weekends, so during the week I usually have 24hrs between drinking. I also usually work one day on the weekend and do not drink on that day, so usually 6 days a week. I have been sticking with beer. I have not had any withdrawl symptoms except sweating for a single brief period of time, usually at night or early morning. No shaking, no upset stomach. I exercise 4 times a week and make sure to drink lots of water. I have decided to quit drinking for good as it doesn't align with who I want to be nor what I want to do with my life. I am worried about going into withdrawl and having a seizure or something. Even on days when I would go 48 hours without alcohol I felt fine. Sleep wasn't the greatest but other than that was ok. There have been a few times when, after a period of.heavy drinking (16+) I will jolt awake when I am about to fall asleep, and this has only happend on two occasions, each time when I am about to fall asleep. I am at hour 14.5 right now, didn't sleep at all last night. I'm worried because all the info I can find online give no info on how much or how long one has to drink to develope dependence. I know it's probably a case by case basis but can someone shine some light on this for me. Thanks!

Well you've been at a moderate level but not for long. IMO I think coming off will be a few days of feeling kinda rough but I don't think you're in any danger of seizures/death from 2 months of use. Stay hydrated, keep up the good exercise regime you have. Try melatonin for sleep.

that's moderate use
you may or may not have WD, if you do by any chance doubt it'll be super rough for it being only a couple months.... but then again you mention the jolts....
do you have any other WD symptoms after 24 hrs? shaking, anxiety etc?
i honestly think your battle is gonna be more psychological than physical
if you truly arent ready to quit its just not gonna work

not to scare you man but you may need to go into a detox center which will last about 7 days
never let none of our opinions compare to advice from a doc which i strongly urge you to do
if you wanna go cold turkey make sure you have some benzos on hand ...which is basically what they give you in detox along with thiamine and b12

Last edited: