• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Alcohol vs Opioids effect on health

Preytor

Bluelighter
Basically from my limited understanding, it seems like the main risk opioids bring on the table comes from the fact that a user of them does not have a lifetime access to a measured clean product. Wanted to throw this thought experiment out, for people that actually have medical knowledge unlike me.

Assuming you had person A and person B, with identical builds health profiles etc. and you were able to control any other factor outside their substance use.

Person A does opioids(say pure morphine) 2-3 times a week, while Person B drinks 2-3 times a week. We can assume both take enough to get fucked up for the day, but because of the clean measured product, Person A can never OD and also can never run out of the product.

In terms of the effect such usage would have on health long term, liver cardiovascular kidneys all the good stuff, which of the two people do you think would be more likely to live the longest?

I don t have medical knowledge but I ve used opioids , street level and pharma grade . Hence in tis scenario the opioid user is likely to live longer assuming that the person A can stick to his 2-3 times a day regime of opis per day (many have tried, few have succeed). Also, what s the ROA of person A ? But generally speaking the main problems related to opi use, setting w-d aside and if the product is pharma grade, are loss of libido and bad constipation. Compare and contrast with alcohol, one of the dirtiest and shittiest drugs around!

There is really no comparison at all here.

If you ignore the fact that opioids can kill you in overdoses, they are actually amazingly forgiving and easy on your general health. They are surprisingly nontoxic in comparison to all other drugs, even during long term use. Long term heroin users have no physical damage to their bodies.

Alcohol on the other hand is unhealthy at any dose. Alcohol is cytotoxic, neurotoxic, and carcinogenic. Alcohol damages every single organ in the body. There is no safe dose, regardless of the relentless propaganda during the last 30 years saying "a glass of wine is healthy". It's not.

Ask any toxicologist. Alcohol's negative health effects are VASTLY downplayed. It is in the top 3 causes of death in the world. It's no joke man, alcohol is a toxic chemical. It's only due to hundreds of years of social conditioning that people think it is relatively harmless, it's not.

If you ignore the fact that opioids can kill you, they are actually amazingly forgiving and easy on your general health. They are amazingly nontoxic in comparison to all other drugs, even during long term use.

Alcohol on the other hand is unhealthy at any dose. Alcohol is cytotoxic, neurotoxic, and carcinogenic. Alcohol damages every single organ in the body. There is no safe dose, regardless of the relentless propaganda during the last 30 years saying "a glass of wine is healthy". It's not.

Ask any toxicologist. Alcohol's negative health effects are VASTLY downplayed. It is in the top 3 causes of death in the world. It's no joke man, alcohol is a toxic chemical. It's only due to hundreds of years of social conditioning that people think it is relatively harmless, it's not.
The only decent decision I ve taken in the last year is that I ve almost completely stopped drinking ( the shit was hitting the fan when I was mixing booze and blow) If only opioids were not messing with libido .....:eek:

If you ignore the fact that opioids can kill you in overdoses, they are actually amazingly forgiving and easy on your general health. They are surprisingly nontoxic in comparison to all other drugs, even during long term use. Long term heroin users have no physical damage to their bodies.

Plenty of people die from alcohol induced respiratory depression when they overdose, no need to ignore that the same happens with opioids. Its just easier with opioids due to the amount of substance being consumed

Plenty of people die from alcohol induced respiratory depression when they overdose

I have pretty bad breathing problems for a few days when I stop drinking, when laying down in bed. I can't catch my breath, and have moments of breathlessness like I'm downing (for no reason).

In contrast with me being an avid jogger and not overweight, it's scary. Only alcohol withdrawal does that to me. It gets worse and worse after so many years.

The only thing with opiate use is that it causes chronic constipation, which long-term can cause colorectal cancer, but that's a rare occurrence.
Otherwise pharmaceutically pure opiates don't have any detrimental effects on the human body when dosed at safe levels.

Glad to hear I wasn't deluded thinking this. I used to drink a lot of whiskey and I swear it was the most wrecked my body has ever fell compared to anything I've tried or abused since.

Was just thinking in my head that in a perfect world a person could just choose a safe dosage of a clean product, and just have a much better time than if they treated their body to drinking.

All drugs have different "classes" of effects, both good and bad. Toxicity is one. Alcohol is, hands down, more toxic than opiates.
Now, addiction potential?