• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol to calm panic attacks

No, I mean that the fed intends to make sure no one can get etizolam in the US. It's among a list of other substances they plan to schedule soon.

There's really only four or five BZDs doctors will script here, the major ones being diazepam, clonazepam, alprazolam, and lorazepam. Then maybe triazolam or temazepam in cases of extreme insomnia.
OH - gotcha. Thanks. When you said south I automatically thought.....nevermind. haha

I just looked up etizolam because I had never heard of it. It says it is only legal in Japan and India, but not the US (of course). I'm guessing whomever holds the patent to that doesn't have more lobbyist $$ than the makers of all the other benzos......
I'm not sure how to word this, but I think I can assume that etizolam is available here in the states? Independently, for lack of a better term? You mentioned you take it regularly. It's ok to not answer that, I really don't have any idea what I am doing here, I feel like a total nerd.

While the mechanism of action is similar to benzos (gaba receptors etc) the duration of action is way to short (the body processes 1 standard drink an hour) to be therapeutic. It would be better to use a tiny bit of alcohol if you feel the symptoms of a panic attack coming on, then to use a large dose once it’s already in full force.
Stick to longer acting chemistry

Klonopin is a great way to ween off alcohol and calm panic attacks