Alcohol support Forum

Sturnam

Bluelighter
Hi,

I noticed that despite having focus forums for a wide variety of drugs (cannabis, PED, vaping, MDMA, "other") there is no forum for alcohol. I would say that undeniably alcohol is by far the most used and abused drugs for many people across the world. Yet despite all this use (and abuse) there is a specific forum for Steroids (PED) but not alcohol. (sorry, not to single out PED, but IMO much more people drink than use PED)

Surely more people use alcohol than PED. Is it not possible to have an alcohol subforum? People all across the site struggle with alcohol use, whether primary, or due to abuse of other substances.

I just think it's about time that we create an alcohol subforum to discuss all these issues. Given that it's the psychoactive drug most widely used by a variety of countries I think it's a bit odd it's not included. After all, we do have a tobacco vaping forum.

Thoughts?

S

Last edited:
I assume it's because knowledge of alcohol, which is legal in most of the world, is right out there in the open, and also it's just one drug. Most of the forums cover a lot more than just one drug. Cannabis is the outlier there, and finding accurate information on that, though possible, is quite a bit more difficult than with alcohol thanks to random important/rich people hating it or whatever. How many threads have you seen where people are asking questions about alcohol? I never see that stuff in Basic Drugs unless it's about a drug combination, and I only see discussion of it alone in the Recovery forums. Maybe I'm just crazy though. You have been here a lot longer than me. But it seems to me that if one were to make a new section for a drug it would be for opiates/opioids. And doing that just might just kill three OTHER sections...