• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol ruins lives

DC to OD. Mods kick it somewhere else if it doesn’t belong here.

Ive watched my brother go from being an all state hockey player with straight A`s to a drug addict, a liar, a thief, and just so cold. It all started with his first sip and i hate it. Remind me again why pot isnt legal in all states smh 😫
over here Cannabis is illegal but tolerated. But i get what you mean, alcohol is worse as daily use drug compared to MJ.

Its only use is sanitizing and making tinctures. So sad its so integrated in society, fell in the trap. My luck was that I already had experience with things like Weed and a whole plethora of uppers, downers and psychedelics. Not to forget MDMA and other entactogen's.

Being solely reliant on Ethanol as a drug is a sure way to go down quickly.

Hi Alisha,

I'm sorry to hear of your brother's current situation. I think ANY drug can ruin lives, including weed.

Addiction is a complex beast of genetics, environment, timing and current situation/mindset to name a few co-existences for the beast of addiction to rear it's ugly head.

If the silver bullet existed, addiction would be obsolete for all substances, including alcohol.

Any drug isn't the cause for addiction but the symptom of underlying issues that need to be rectified for those suffering to heal.

Hope your brother finds the solution and can get back to a better path in life.

Hi Alisha,

I'm sorry to hear of your brother's current situation. I think ANY drug can ruin lives, including weed.

Addiction is a complex beast of genetics, environment, timing and current situation/mindset to name a few co-existences for the beast of addiction to rear it's ugly head.

If the silver bullet existed, addiction would be obsolete for all substances, including alcohol.

Any drug isn't the cause for addiction but the symptom of underlying issues that need to be rectified for those suffering to heal.

Hope your brother finds the solution and can get back to a better path in life.
Aww thank you so much. Reading that made me feel so much better you made my day!

Yes from real life experiences alcohol can ruin lives. It has (along with other substances) brought me to my lowest points. But I would "blame" alcohol for being the most destructive and most costly drug I have ever used.
Once I figured that shit out in 2000 drinkin was pretty much a wrap. I may grab a couple cold ones at a hole in the wall a couple times a year or a big ass bottle of ice cold absolute vodka but don't even have a want for it.

Yes from real life experiences alcohol can ruin lives. It has (along with other substances) brought me to my lowest points. But I would "blame" alcohol for being the most destructive and most costly drug I have ever used.
Once I figured that shit out in 2000 drinkin was pretty much a wrap. I may grab a couple cold ones at a hole in the wall a couple times a year or a big ass bottle of ice cold absolute vodka but don't even have a want for it.
I can only hope my brother can gett through it like you did

Yep, alcohol is evil. I don't touch that stuff anymore beyond maybe one glass wine or one beer but not more and there's a ton of better stuff out there. Pagoclone was once proposed as an alternative by Dr. Nutt in GB but of course shelved. Tried it, it's nice and safer than alcohol i.e. you do less bad stuff on it.

Yep, alcohol is evil. I don't touch that stuff anymore beyond maybe one glass wine or one beer but not more and there's a ton of better stuff out there. Pagoclone was once proposed as an alternative by Dr. Nutt in GB but of course shelved. Tried it, it's nice and safer than alcohol i.e. you do less bad stuff on it.
Yeah i agree

OK:
My biggest beef with alcohols is that I wrecked my first car (on a drivers permit) and this is still a thorn in my side. I kept driving cause a journeyman and kept getting stopped. Years of this. I am now trying to actually get a licence, have put like 7 grand into it in the last two years and still owe ~500usd and enroll in adsap or wtf ever.
54... never had a license and may have one by next year spring/summer idk they keep bouncing me around from state to state with the payments ffs
Almost there... I says again. :rolleyes:

Another issue is the point where chillin laughin with yer buds turns into a bloodfest in an instant just because of one single drop too much.

Another:
Alcohol (like benzos) can create a "black out" state that I do not care for much. I like being conscious of my surroundings and able to relive them if necessary. I have never blacked out on booze and been told that I was cool and nothing was fucked. Always in a pickle with alcohol (benzos I may forget but still just chillin).
All dose dependent

I wrecked my favorite motorcycle in 93 drunk and on xans. I actually cried more for the bike than I did for my sorry ass getting patched up in a hospital.