• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Alcohol progress

I'll drink the first drink as quickly as I want. Then, I need to slow down and pace myself for a couple drinks.

Either I will stop there, have a glass of water, and go to bed... or I will get to that place where I can drink at will and I am in a place resembling being on a dissociative.
I can pour it down as quickly as I want, I'll be chatty, loud, and appear drunk.

I get sick if I drink too quickly right at first, it at least gets dizzy and dysphoric. If I go carefully at first and "coat my stomach" (as we used to call it) then I can drink a lot without getting at all sick. However, that's when the hangover will often be bad since I forget that final glass of water.

Drink small zips if is hard with something(salad or so...larger zipsnif its wine......with food....a little bit more&goin' in bed 'cause i wannna sleep

You guys are drinking THAT MUCH?! 😳 I must be a total lightweight - 1 drink is totally noticeable, 2 is enough for a buzz, and 3 will get me to the edge of drunk already (and definitely cause a 3-day hangover.) but I’m old…

You guys are drinking THAT MUCH?! 😳 I must be a total lightweight - 1 drink is totally noticeable, 2 is enough for a buzz, and 3 will get me to the edge of drunk already (and definitely cause a 3-day hangover.) but I’m old…
Well, I have the alcoholism gene. I literally cannot stop once I get started. It's less of a choice how much I drink.

Alcohol also effects women a lot more than men. It effects them 50-100% more than men, both in it's acute effects and hangovers. Age is also a factor. (Sorry I'm assuming your gender)

Well, I have the alcoholism gene. I literally cannot stop once I get started. It's less of a choice how much I drink.

Alcohol also effects women a lot more than men. It effects them 50-100% more than men, both in it's acute effects and hangovers. Age is also a factor. (Sorry I'm assuming your gender)
You assumed correctly :)

I used to be in AA, and I had to say “I am a gratefully recovering alcoholic and addict” even tho I never felt myself to be an alcoholic. Alcohol, I suppose fortunately, was never something I was addicted to, although I WAS addicted to other drugs. The thinking of that group was that if you were addicted to one thing, it was only a matter of time before you were addicted to another…so therefore you must abstain from EVERYTHING, across the board. Which is why I am no longer in AA…I strongly disagree with this sentiment. I am not now addicted to alcohol nor do I think I will ever be. But even just READING about crack in some of these forums, and my body reacts as if I were about to cop some, so strong is the physical recollection of it! I have to avoid the topic sometimes just so I can conquer those intense cravings.

You assumed correctly :)

I used to be in AA, and I had to say “I am a gratefully recovering alcoholic and addict” even tho I never felt myself to be an alcoholic. Alcohol, I suppose fortunately, was never something I was addicted to, although I WAS addicted to other drugs. The thinking of that group was that if you were addicted to one thing, it was only a matter of time before you were addicted to another…so therefore you must abstain from EVERYTHING, across the board. Which is why I am no longer in AA…I strongly disagree with this sentiment. I am not now addicted to alcohol nor do I think I will ever be. But even just READING about crack in some of these forums, and my body reacts as if I were about to cop some, so strong is the physical recollection of it! I have to avoid the topic sometimes just so I can conquer those intense cravings.
AA is formulaic and rigid like that. When I was younger I never agreed with "once an addict, always an addict". I still don't necessarily, but I understand why they say the things they do. It's helped a lot of people and proven to work.

I understand why a lot of people don't like AA, it's far from perfect. In the end everyone has their own unique path to recovery, and there are good alternatives like SMART.

AA hasn't changed the program at all since it's inception. I think it is a bit outdated in it's ways, but they follow the "if it's not broke, don't fix it" mantra.

I usually drink wine, start drinking fast because it tastes disgusting and when a little drunk it gets easier. A nice buzz is around 100-150ml ethanol for me.

Did anybody experience the same? Years ago I could just drink a beer and could get to sleep without problems but now I have really problems getting to sleep when not drinking 2 0,5l beers max. Seems to have something to do with my heavy stimulant abuse for years. When not absolutely sober I have problems getting some sleep on almost every drug. Something that might have to do with it is that I was a regular cannabis user for years which isn’t the case since 2011.