• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol potentiation or Synergy!!

Shortec Stublue!!

Bluelighter
Just wondering if Alcohol is a proven potentiator for opiates/Opioids. Anecdotally for me, a small glass of wine seems to really change and strengthen my Oxy high. I know it may be synergy, however is the liver enzyme aspect in play here?

Thanks to the Wise members in advance. Apologies if in the wrong area also!!

They are both CNS depressants so yeah they will potentiate each other, not an expert on it but haven't heard of it doing anything else apart from interaction between the two.

It's not so much about being lazy, just that mixing two potent CNS depressants isn't a good idea fuck I've done it myself countless times. Mine being mainly benzos and alcohol and that's a recipe for court on the Monday morning type of stupidity. Opiates and benzos potentiate each other so alcohol and a strong opioid like oxys aren't advisable. That said I mixed DHC with alcohol and unlike benzos no rage or aggressive behaviour. I was just struggling to form a conversation, also it all depends on your tolerance level. I have a high tolerance for benzos. Just take it easy the oxys are better without alcohol.. in fact any substance combined with alcohol is dangerous and the comedown with it is worse. Stay safe and be careful. Peace

I meant “lazy” as in not yet looking for some confirmation on enzyme blocking or accelerating. Same here combined many things, but usually there is a clear synergy or raise by one on the other. I suspect it may just be GABA levels and endorphin/dopamine levels up adjacently, takes the win!!

Thanks bud appreciated!!

Dopamine is more likely and slightly GABA receptors but alcohol works on nearly every neurotransmitter in the brain so it's hard to pin point on it

It's not so much about being lazy, just that mixing two potent CNS depressants isn't a good idea fuck I've done it myself countless times. Mine being mainly benzos and alcohol and that's a recipe for court on the Monday morning type of stupidity. Opiates and benzos potentiate each other so alcohol and a strong opioid like oxys aren't advisable. That said I mixed DHC with alcohol and unlike benzos no rage or aggressive behaviour. I was just struggling to form a conversation, also it all depends on your tolerance level. I have a high tolerance for benzos. Just take it easy the oxys are better without alcohol.. in fact any substance combined with alcohol is dangerous and the comedown with it is worse. Stay safe and be careful. Peace

Jngo871,

Shortec was asking about Alchohol and Opiates not your Alcohol and Benzo blackout experiences. Please answer his actual question please. Huge fking difference between blacking out on Benzos and Alcohol and chilling WITH SOME BUDDIES who are looking over you while having some beers to go with some Percocet; a real favorite combo by Line Cooks that I know. Ie. Line Cooks that work in commercial kitchens that is. The beer takes so much of the edge off the Percocets that cause Opiate-rage sometimes depending on the ROA I choose.

All I did was answer the OPs question as it was posed. And have not redirected the question to what I would rather have the question be for my own sense of EGO and display of overall knowledge. As I claim to know nothing. I really appreciate that the experienced members and moderators chime in; it's a real treat for me to read and learn about all that they know about the human body and how it interacts with different chemicals.

Last edited:
Take a bong of saliva then ask me. Not arguing with you don't know you mate but I tried to answer the op question. Peace

Duly noted Opi, I understand your point. I do however believe, he was initially using the benzo example as it too is gabaergic, granted it would be a much different story to use benzo’s and Oxy in the kitchen of your line cook comrades.

The harm reduction is most important, not least for those who maybe reading or find this in future searches, with a handful of benzos and opiates. It’s all good guys

I've found all CNS depressants potentiate each other. Taking Opioids and Alcohol together should be done with extreme care. You have an opioid tolerance which will save ur ass if u have one too many drinks. Imo taking opioids and alcohol together is more dangerous than opioids and benzos. It's even more dangerous if ur drinking spirits like Vodka or Whiskey.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree Evo, spirits are a no go for me on there own, let alone with my Oxy. You know my tolerance but say tonight, I will have two glasses of wine and divide a 20mg IR capsule evenly, and after one glass insufflate one, then same after the second glass.

I then feel like I have taken about 60mg. Ironically it is harm reduction through alcohol potentiaton ????

know your limitations. whenever mixing CNS depressants you are at a higher risk of overdose so color well within the lines.

Meh, I prefer the high of opiates alone instead of mixing it with alcohol. A few benzos don't do anything to potentiate in my case. There's always anti-histamines and white grape fruit juice if you care that much. i prefer the opiates mixed with dissos, nice synergy and less itch as you feel your body less..