Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Alcohol + MDMA on NYE question.

SettingSun

Greenlighter
Hey Hey :)

Since tomorrow night is NYE, a few friends and I are going to celebrate. Only my boyfriend and I will be taking MDMA, everyone else is drinking. Because of this, we don't want to be the only sober ones all day. (Please don't lecture me on needing drugs and alcohol to have fun :))

Would it be bad to get drunk in the afternoon, then at say, 11pm pop the MD?
How greatly will the effects of MDMA differ if you had been drinking vs sober?

I'm not talking about getting incredibly smashed, just enough to feel it and have a good time.

Thanks <3

The one issue I can think of is once you have a couple drinks your inhibitions will drop and you'll get drunker than intended. It depends on how you handle your alcohol

yip it really depends how well u can handle your alcohol. about 50% of ppl i know 'drink to excess' while taking mdma. But they also drink regardless.

However, even the ppl that handle it really well, say it's not a good idea(bad for body, much worse come-down, if u happen to exp them)

once-off isn't all that bad. plus the alcohol will be out of your system a little bit. Do you ever get hang-overs? idk alcohol is unpredictable at the best of times, unless u know it really well, i'd say keep it to 3 drinks max just to get a little drunk buzz, wait as long as u can then do molly. but drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. youll avoid head-achs and just overall feel better.

don't drink too much water.

That's annoying that only you two are doing mdma. but its totally fine if you have good friends and good company.

Thanks for the replies :)

I'm lucky that I don't get hangovers, so that's a plus. So it should be fine (enough) if I stay hydrated? It really is lame that no one else is doing it with us, but I know that we will have a great time anyway.

I've got drunk and dropped MDMA quite a few times. The main differences I have noticed are: memory is less intact the next day. Like I knew what I was doing at the time, but in the morning it's almost like I just can't quite remember what happened (kind of like a dream that you forget upon waking). The tingly rush is not as strong nor pronounced. I have found that the MDMA actually hits a bit quicker, but maybe that's just because I'm drunk and time goes by faster haha.

All-in-all getting full on drunk really doesn't compliment MDMA, it makes it less euphoric and I don't remember much which is a big buzzkiller for me. Just like zzz pointed out, try and keep the drinks to a minimum (say 2-3 drinks) for a mild buzz. But I know exactly what happens at that stage... You just carry on drinking! Then when you're drunk you don't even care so you just drop the MDMA anyway. At least that's what happens to me.

The two drugs aren't overly dangerous in combination, providing that you're not taking massive doses of each. Of course alcohol does dehydrate you and MDMA increases body temperature, so consume a few bottles of water over the evening to stay safe. However, if you want to get the best out of the MDMA then avoid any alcohol. Alternatively, you could drink in the afternoon and get reasonably drunk (say 4-5 drinks) and stop drinking by like 6-7PM and sober up to drop at 11PM. By that time most of the alcohol would be gone and you'd be sober and ready to roll fully.

Just some thoughts.

Apart from one occasion I always drink before, often getting tipsy and then dropping. I have never experienced any negative effects from mixing with the alcohol. Although I have never drunk to access, I find it helps with the nervous belly I always get before i know I'm going to drop and makes me much more in the mood to get on it. Just keep yourself sensibly hydrated with water. When I have drunk and dropped I find you can drink and drink throughout the night and early morning (more than you would normally) and you won't really notice the effects of the alcohol. I wouldn't advise this though, but if you're going to drink alcohol, sipping a low alcoholic beer is better than swigging wine /spirits.

Apart from one occasion I always drink before, often getting tipsy and then dropping. I have never experienced any negative effects from mixing with the alcohol. Although I have never drunk to access, I find it helps with the nervous belly I always get before i know I'm going to drop and makes me much more in the mood to get on it. Just keep yourself sensibly hydrated with water. When I have drunk and dropped I find you can drink and drink throughout the night and early morning (more than you would normally) and you won't really notice the effects of the alcohol. I wouldn't advise this though, but if you're going to drink alcohol, sipping a low alcoholic beer is better than swigging wine /spirits.

Yeah, there is a big difference between being full on drunk (6-7 strong drinks) and being tipsy (2-3 drinks). Being tipsy really doesn't change much, but being full on drunk does. Try to consider that when you hit that tipsy stage and another drink seems like the best idea at that time :p

Assuming you really are from Australia OP I hope you tested out your product before consuming a lot of dangerous bunk stuff is going around making the potential substance 'x' + alcohol combo more dangerous.

I personally wouldn't ruin the clarity of the MDMA with alcohol. One's a stimulant and the other's a depressant, they probably don't mix well in the body. I mean a light buzz wouldn't be bad at all but any drinking would also contribute to the dehydration of MDMA which is already bad on it's own. I don't recommend mixing the two.

Fucking hate Etoh and MDMA ever since I drank 2 vodka and cokes at a club while on MDMA in 1998. First and last time. I felt really fucking sick like I'd been poisoned. Was ok after about 600 ml of bottled water an hour or so later. Seen people fuck up pretty hard on MDMA and Etoh combo, spewing is the least of it.