• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol Alcohol in cough medicine

The hand sanitiser I am currently using is 70% ethanol (Carex brand). No way I would drink that shit, but I guess a distillation would be possible. Anyone got a Leibig condenser?

okay cool

Another question? the best one i can get, meaning one with the least amount of ingredients has the following:
200mg Guaifenesin
9.5 % alc v/v
per 10ml dose.

So how much of that gauifenesin can you have at once and just how safe is that substance. I know its a culprit to cause nausea too and with that said at what dosages does gauifenesin make you nauseous?
That stuff is pretty high in alcohol but all that guaifenisen is not gunna be pleasant

We have a complete ban on alcohol in our country at the moment, so there is nowhere to buy (except illegally) which is getting way too dangerous now. Plus if caught with alcohol, its a straight 6 month jail sentence. So its just a temp alternative.
What fukn cuntry bans alcohol

Where I live theres actually a couple distilleries that have switched to producing and giving away liquor based hand sanitizer. Cant be that expensive to make. Im honestly wondering when the moonshiners will start making their own hand sanitizers and selling them lol.

10% is about average for a cough syrup.

The OP quoted 9.5%, that's 19ml. In the UK a single shot is 25ml
We don't have alcohol in OTC cough syrups here so any alcohol at all seems like a lot.and a shot of typical spirits of 30ml at 37% alcohol volume equals about 10ml of actual alcohol.