• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

alcohol consumption question

CookieJoe221

Bluelighter
Hi all, quick question. I usually drink 3 days a week, usually on Thursdays I'll have 5-8 drinks and Friday and Saturday anywhere from 10-15 each night. Now I know this isn't healthy but in terms of overall health how bad is it for me long term? I'm 31 years old, I workout 5 days a week and have for years, drink a lot of water, eat pretty healthy during the week, take vitamins, etc. But i live in the Midwest and unfortunately most social activities revolve around alcohol. I'm kind of a hypochondriac so I'm just paranoid about what the possible effects. I know a lot of people that drink every day but idk I just was curious about others thoughts. I dont plan on it being this way forever but I do a lot of social things and a lot involve alcohol. Thanks!

ive been drinking almost every day for past 4 days

i only drink at night, but i drink untill i get "fucked up"

i was about to ask the same question

so here i am

whats gonna happen to our overal liver health

can anyone answer?

Well my use is about the same now. My body hurts from drinking my mind feels more numb and alot slower.

Heart and liver will be getting damaged. but will still take time to show up probably another decade at this rate and you will have quite a few issues relating to your liver. You will also start aging very fast.

it affects your heart? i dont care about liver lol but heart?

Oh, you should definitely care about the liver. Both of them, heart and liver, when they stop functioning properly, can make your life a tortuous hell. Your liver is an incredibly important organ, don't underestimate how critical it's function is. It filters our blood, and is essential to converting nutrients in our diets to substances our body can use. We can only survive a couple days if it fails - and before it reaches that point, your quality of life will be significantly reduced.

Hi all, quick question. I usually drink 3 days a week, usually on Thursdays I'll have 5-8 drinks and Friday and Saturday anywhere from 10-15 each night. Now I know this isn't healthy but in terms of overall health how bad is it for me long term? I'm 31 years old, I workout 5 days a week and have for years, drink a lot of water, eat pretty healthy during the week, take vitamins, etc. But i live in the Midwest and unfortunately most social activities revolve around alcohol. I'm kind of a hypochondriac so I'm just paranoid about what the possible effects. I know a lot of people that drink every day but idk I just was curious about others thoughts. I dont plan on it being this way forever but I do a lot of social things and a lot involve alcohol. Thanks!

I'm also 31. For the last 6 years I drank ~16 beers/night, every night. Also combined with kratom (in the morning/afternoon, rarely at the same time as the beer).

I was diagnosed with acute liver failure and stage 2 hypertension 3 days ago. Also had sleep deprivation and generally felt like shit every day due to the alcohol. Alcohol related sleep deprivation also contributed to drug induced schizophrenia (other factors here like psychedelic use, but it contributed indirectly).

Also lost a decent job I liked due to the alcohol sleep deprivation. I can attribute a lot of negative things in my life directly to alcohol. It's a slippery slope.

You need to be careful. Alcohol is horrible, as you know. At least you are taking care of yourself more than I did. I didn't exercise or eat healthy, but I did drink a lot of water.

-snafu

If I may ask: what are you drinking (because I do believe this makes a difference)?

Same question for @Hugs For Drugs (although if that is you in your avatar picture then I’d say fuck it, you’ve got nothing to worry about, let’s go for a drink! Lol!). Sorry for the humor that may not be appreciated by some.

But yeh: on a serious note what type of alcohol are we talking about here because for sure not all drinks are create equal.
Mostly beer but I do drink a few shots of fireball or tequla as well.

I'll be 37 tomorrow. On my 30th birthday that was the final time I had hard liquor. I think I stopped liking how it made me feel

I never cared for it much anyway, besides Glenfiddich

Alcohol damages every organ in your body. I'm an alcoholic who's spent the last 20 years like this: 10 years drunk, then 5 years sober, 2 years relapse, now another 3 years sober. The sober years are marked with a rapid return to health and energy, the drunk years, especially the most recent stint, were marked by weight gain and a number of related health problems. Alcohol is metabolised into triglycerides, which are a fat/lipid that in excess will lead to high cholesterol levels, a fatty liver, and so on. The more you drink, the more triglycerides flood your system. The resultant sluggishness of your liver and the problems of weight gain and cholesterol can over time do serious and lasting damage to your heart and liver. Liver scarring is not reversible; hardened heart muscle results in lower blood oxygen levels in general which in turn cause a host of problems and of course the heart damage alone can be deadly. Try and cut back if you can.

I actually thought I had some kind of congestive heart failure or cardiovascular problems of some severity during my last drinking period. After a few months sober, they resolved themselves. I'm talking about not being able to walk two flights of steps without gasping for breath and having to sit down. I was 40 years old at the time and had no other health or diet issues. Heavy drinking will be the end of you - I'm not a born again, I just know from my own experience that you'll either stop breathing or end up with heart failure or some combination of both.

@billyj Excellent, very well articulated advice. It's incredible how everything goes to shit when the heart gets damaged, I had to learn that the hard way. I have righted sided heart failure now, and I know exactly what you're talking about, especially the gasping for breath just walking up steps. Did you get abdominal swelling and pain too? I'm so happy they resolved on their own for you, our body is amazing at how well it can heal itself, it just is unfortunate when we push the limits of it too far and suffer permanent, long term consequences.

My opinion is alcohol makes me feel better. I think it's healthful in moderation so that's how I do it

The best advice is probably listen to your body. If it starts making you feel bad, maybe cut back in some way

If I may ask: what are you drinking (because I do believe this makes a difference)?

Same question for @Hugs For Drugs (although if that is you in your avatar picture then I’d say fuck it, you’ve got nothing to worry about, let’s go for a drink! Lol!). Sorry for the humor that may not be appreciated by some.

But yeh: on a serious note what type of alcohol are we talking about here because for sure not all drinks are create equal.

I used to drink 4 of these Everyday after work to put my self to sleep

21340.jpg

I did that routine for about 4 years

Idk if my liver healed it self upon being sober for 3 months after I moved out that neighborhood

But, is there a way to take some sort of M.R.I/ x ray test that can show you the over all health if your liver???

------

Also that's not me in the profile picture that's a rare model I found on Instagram that lives in Russia

Dont get me wrong, I would too leave my wife (dont have one) for her as an upgrade oooooweeeee

I used to drink 4 of these Everyday after work to put my self to sleep

21340.jpg

I did that routine for about 4 years

Steel reserve always gave me an instant hangover. I hate them. I'm no better though, when I was low on cash I would drink 3 four lokos, the 14% ones. They're probably even worse for you but never gave me the hangovers of steel reserve. I wonder why? Curious now...

But, is there a way to take some sort of M.R.I/ x ray test that can show you the over all health if your liver???

Simple blood tests, like Comprehensive Metabolic Panel, can detect for enzymes and protein levels that can be indicators of liver problems. That's typically how doctors will start the troubleshooting/diagnostic process.

My opinion is alcohol makes me feel better. I think it's healthful in moderation so that's how I do it

The best advice is probably listen to your body. If it starts making you feel bad, maybe cut back in some way
That Is a little bit too late, unless you are relatively young ones body show deterioration and pain from alcohol you are in trouble! Alcohol is very destructive poison there are many more drugs that we discuss on this forum that are healthy in moderation compared to alcohol. The US has just lowered it recommended alcohol to one per day for a male and less than one per day for a female

Usually if you look at your body and it looks/feels healthy.. then you probably won't have a problem..

I use this baseline to judge if I should and deserve to keep my drug habit..

DXM everyday.
Marijuana everyday
Alcohol twice a week 10 shots or more

My mind is clearer... my body and looks are great..I'm smarter by way of allot more then I used to be when my drug habit was much less..

I do stretching exercises.. Yoga mind and body..
I meditate as much as possible everyday.. and I have great insights about life and personal development.