• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Alcohol and meth: asking for trouble?

darvocet21

Bluelighter
As a recreational user of methamphetamine which I prefer to prescribed adderal, I often forget that
I plateau quickly and smoking more only increases the unwanted effects. And then I'm faced with a dilemma oh, it's 4 in the morning, I have something I need to do around 11 a.m. and I don't want to stay up all night and all morning.

However I am a former abuser of benzos.

Alcohol certainly worsens a meth comedown for many people and compounds the physical damage meth causes through dehydration and the wear and tear on your liver and kidneys.

in your situation, as a benzos abuser, you may have most benefit and least damage with low dose seroquel. When binging meth I can usually sleep on the second night with 50-100 mg and awake 6 hours later feeling pretty good.

I sort of trailed off there, Have to hand it to the bluelight community that is exactly what I was getting at, and I'm happy to hear it. Yesterday night I went out to a restaurant for the first time in a year, and had one cup of sake and one beer if you can even call it beer (Michelob Ultra, ordered because they didn't have non-alcoholic beer on the menu) and having smoked a couple hours before I could not finish the beer, it only seemed to add to a feeling of malaise

Incidentally benzo addiction is no longer a problem. Since I'm stabilized on a relatively low dose of 1 mg twice-daily Klonopin for generalized anxiety & panic attacks and have neither, I never run out of pills before a refill because I prefer breaking them in a half and taking PRN. Klonopin has a very slow onset and a smooth curve which makes it an excellent medicine but one which is poorly suited for quickly counteracting the effects of too much speed. Xanax works much better without leaving a hangover, but I'm not in a position to ask my doctor for another benzo.

I have to politely decline your Seroquel suggestion, which at low doses makes me feel like I'm coming unglued and simply clobbers me at high doses. I just have an old script that I stay away from except in rare occasions that I just want to fall asleep immediately and stay like that for 10 hours, knowing full well I'll have a hangover

So for the time being I guess it's Benadryl 50 mg which works but also makes your mouth dryer if that's even possible, and makes me have to pee even more than I typically do when I'm smoking

Thanks for your suggestions!

Last edited:
I could not finish the beer, it only seemed to add to a feeling of malaise.
Alcohol will ruin your high, especially if you're already on the downward slope of a binge and not completely new to the drug.

Adding to that, the frustrating ceiling you hit (pleasurable effects plateau very fast) that is exclusive to smoking, means the high isn't as bulletproof as it would be with any other ROA.
Alcohol is weird. Meth works great if taken to counter the nasty effects of overconsumption (the spins, the yacks, the blacking out), but it doesn't go both ways unfortunately.

Last edited: