• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Alcohol and Librium

xaddictx

Bluelighter
Im taking 25 mg of Librium to quell the alcohol cravings and withdrawals. Would it hurt to take 2 Librium and maybe a beer before bed. Just want to be sure it doesnt cause my demise. Any inputs would be appreciated. X

2x 25mg librium and 1 beer shouldn't be anything approaching life threatening. I've had much larger quantities of xanax with much higher quantities of alcohol without even being slightly concerned many times.

Im taking 25 mg of Librium to quell the alcohol cravings and withdrawals. Would it hurt to take 2 Librium and maybe a beer before bed. Just want to be sure it doesnt cause my demise. Any inputs would be appreciated. X
In terms of safety, it will be fine. In terms of alcohol withdrawals and anxiety, it may cause a bit of a set-back. It would be ideal to avoid the beer, especially if your goal is to stop drinking anyway. Why bother drinking the beer? Just try to go to sleep with the librium instead <3

librium is a very mild benzo

in fact when I was prescribed librium it was 100mg per day while tapering my alcohol (was told to do that) and was certainly having more than one

however, you know yourself best, and having "just one" is nearly impossible for people like me... so just be honest with yourself

if you're on librium I assume the goal is zero alcohol

ask yourself if one beer is even worth it? to me, one beer sounds like a headache and a 6 hour struggle afterwards not to drink more.

librium is not some magical anti-alcohol craving pill, it won't stop you from wanting to drink more than 1 beer

I desperately wish I had a script to librium again. If I were you I would take advantage of it and have exactly 0 beers :) good luck man

P.S. librium tolerance develops very rapidly, if your goal is to get off the booze I would do it ASAP - don't wait a week or two because librium will lose its benzo buzz quite quickly to tolerance.

Last edited:
Thank you for the advice peeps. The only time that is difficult is when the Librium wears off. Then I get this kind of annoying anxiety kindling in my gut. Then its a decision to have a beer to quell it or pop a couple of Librium. I dont want to go thru them too fast. The main thing is to stop drinking vodka completely. The beer isnt so bad.

Thank you for the advice peeps. The only time that is difficult is when the Librium wears off. Then I get this kind of annoying anxiety kindling in my gut. Then its a decision to have a beer to quell it or pop a couple of Librium. I dont want to go thru them too fast. The main thing is to stop drinking vodka completely. The beer isnt so bad.
stay strong man and good luck

If you're in the US and you have librium and are being allowed to taper yourself consider yourself lucky because that sort of treatment is exceedingly rare to find in the US these days! I was lucky to get it once. Great doc.

The other night I took a shot of vodka and I knew it was a big mistake. Started heaving and then proceeded to yak it all up. Thats when I knew it was time to stop drinking that poison permanently. Few hours after that, I started to get severe anxiety and felt confused and disoriented. Went to the hospital and gave me a few Librium. And wrote me a script to take home. He also made a taper plan. That tells me he's a good doctor. Feeling 95% better. Again, thanks for the feedback guys.

T

If you're in the US and you have librium and are being allowed to taper yourself consider yourself lucky because that sort of treatment is exceedingly rare to find in the US these days! I was lucky to get it once. Great doc.
Thanks bro

Yep I'm in the US. California