• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Alcohol and beta blockers (propranolol)

Red Moon

Bluelighter
Is this a potentially dangerous combination? I'm talking vodka and a low dose (10-20mg) of propranolol together.

I don't see why you'd want to mix alcohol and propranolol. I don't see why you'd want to take propranolol at all to be honest with you since it has no recreational value.

But if you need it medically, then you should PROBABLY be fine. I was prescribed propranolol for anxiety which I thought was completely useless. Anyway, I came home once wasted on alcohol and cocaine and couldn't sleep at all since I was high as fuck on a shit load of cocaine and MDMA. I took one 40mg propranolol and it slowed my racing heart down to a normal level so I could sleep. I didn't have any problems and slept and woke up fine.

But I mean if you take propranolol because you have abnormally high heart rate and blood pressure then taking propranolol and alcohol might cause difficulties since alcohol lowers your blood pressure anyways. I would honestly just leave the propranolol out. It's not going to give you any milder effects or potentiate the alcohol just cause risks which outweigh any benefits.

its not dangerous
i assume you're just prescribed them and was wondering if they're safe to drink with
propranalol offer no high

Alcohol can enhance the blood pressure lowering effects of beta blockers. It can also increase dizziness and drowsiness so I wouldn't have more than a drink or two while on this medication.