• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Alabama Senator Uses Lady Gaga To Oppose Marijuana Reform

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) looks back proudly at his efforts, alongside Nancy Reagan, to “create a hostility to drug use” in the 1980s. Not surprisingly, Sessions was not pleased by President Obama’s recent comments about the relative hazards of marijuana and alcohol, as he explained to Attorney General Eric Holder during a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing today:

I have to tell you, I’m heartbroken to see what the president said just a few days ago. It’s stunning to me. I find it beyond comprehension….This is just difficult for me to conceive how the president of the United States could make such a statement as that….Did the president conduct any medical or scientific survey before he waltzed into The New Yorker and opined contrary to the positions of attorneys general and presidents universally prior to that?

Sessions, by contrast, clearly did his homework. He rebutted Obama’s observation that marijuana is safer than alcohol by citing a renowned expert on substance abuse:

Lady Gaga says she’s addicted to it and it is not harmless.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsu...l-because-lady-gaga-says-shes-addicted-to-it/

I'm still astounded at the pathetic excuses people use now as an attempt to redemonize marijuana.
They're just grabbing at straws now it seems to me

The Alabama senator is a shining example of an idiot. Observe carefully children.

We here at Bluelight are all still trying to find anything in the whole world that is "harmless" lady gaga. Welcome to earth.

Last edited:
she is more harmful to kids than any drug could ever be fuck i don't even know how the fuck she is in the music business rappers kill each other all the time can't some one cap her ?

Air fresheners are a lot more harmful than weed. A lot. There's no comparison.

But dumbass consumers buy air fresheners at Wal Mart.

"It ain't no thang..."

Probably rather normal intelligence for Alabama. I am not surprised.
That's pretty ugly prejudice, isn't it? You might talk about it being a place where people are conservative, or uneducated, or misguided, but to suggest people from Alabama are inherently less intelligent than other humans? Off. Would you say that about an African country?

While all these crybaby Senetors and heads of DEA are crying that their cash cow of busting peaceful people growing plants are going on, the banks and the market is getting in place for legal cannabis. Personally, to these people that are against it I say grow up. I think it is disgusting that they can be ok with ruining people's lives over this. That is an evil trait. Take a look in the mirror, someday you will see the evilness in that.

However aside from all of them, there is like a steam locomotive for financial set up. Sheeesh, banks getting involved. We know what that means. It's the Pharm company's that have to kick and scream at the loss of profit. But I say tough shit.

Nothing will stop this and eventually it will be world wide. I say that because there now seems to be more money for the right people in legalization and no more paying thugs to break in doors at tax payers money. Plus media aside, people are sick of being lied to about dangers.

That's pretty ugly prejudice, isn't it? You might talk about it being a place where people are conservative, or uneducated, or misguided, but to suggest people from Alabama are inherently less intelligent than other humans? Off. Would you say that about an African country?

Well, were you to look at the actual research, you would. Now, there are many confounding factors, however, the data supports such a statement.

An African buddy of mine tells me there are no gays in Gambia or Senegal, his president cured aids and in five years the Gambian economy will eclipse the America's. I'd tell him he's retarded, but I saw blood diamond, I know better!

Jeff Sessions: Marijuana Can't Be Safer Than Alcohol Because 'Lady Gaga Says She's Addicted To It

Terrible argument. Just make an appeal to one celebrity addicted to alcohol and then claim that alcohol cannot be safer than marijuana. So then they are exactly the same degree of safety. And then suggest that they be on the same legal level because of this.

Obviously you can get addicted to marijuana (though not like you can alcohol). But a person's right to do whatever negative to his or her own body should always trump the State's right to protect you from yourself. Who cares if drugs harm a person? Having the State tell you what you can and cannot do with your own body/mind is a hundred times more harmful.

An African buddy of mine tells me there are no gays in Gambia or Senegal, his president cured aids and in five years the Gambian economy will eclipse the America's.
Yeah, that guy is wrong. He's not wrong because he's African and therefore stupid, though. I can find you one European who says idiotic things, but we both know that's not how science works, so we'll leave it there.
Well, were you to look at the actual research, you would. Now, there are many confounding factors, however, the data supports such a statement.
Are you saying you have seen data that supports the hypothesis that African people are inherently less intelligent than other people? I would love to see that.

i like how this fuck face "senator" says this, "Did the president conduct any medical or scientific survey before he waltzed into The New Yorker and opined contrary to the positions of attorneys general and presidents universally prior to that? "

Well did you conduct any medical or scientific studies or "surveys" before making your opinions public? Did he do even a cursory look at the scientific data about marijuana? The answer to both is, of course not. Do not try to use science and medical knowledge as an argument when you, yourself are completely ignorant of anything science or medicine have to say about the world we live in. It is so stupid and sad that our ruling class is informed solely by superstition and outdated lies.