View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

AL-LAD and aMT cross tolerance?

hexagram

Bluelighter
anyone know if there is any? my friend took aMT on thursday night but wants to take AL-LAD tonight, will he be able too?

There is always some level cross-tolerance with serotonergic psychedelics, especially with such a short gap in time. Furthermore, since aMT is also a serotonin-releaser, the depletion of his serotonin might make for some unpleasant trip as well. Best to wait a week or two, IMO.

I also forgot to mention we were sniffing lots of cocaine and drinking lots last night too.

Lol Seems even more likely that depleted neurotransmitters and/or neurotoxicity might lend to an unpleasant trip in that case. Give it a some more time before tripping again for best results.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I have confirmed with 2 trials that AL LAD does not cause LSD tolerance, which came as a huge surprise. In both trials, which used different batches of LSD, 150 mcg of AL LAD was eaten the first evening, followed by 200 mcg LSD the following night, with no diminished effects. Pretty much full-on 200 mic acid trips. However, I have not tried it the other way around. From my 2 experiences, my sense is that there is something missing from the effects of AL LAD (as compared to LSD) that prevent it from down-regulating receptors the way LSD does. AL LAD definitely lacks some of LSD's magic (at least at equivalent doses), but it is still a fun and pleasant LSD-type buzz that has this awesome tolerance loophole, the only one I have ever heard of!