• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Akuamma (kratom's kissing cousin)

Looking forward to some reports. I wonder if it would cause any sort of discomfort if you're addicted to kratom, because of the antagonism?

I'd love to hear the experiences of other users of akuamma. I started taking 2 X 600mg daily to try and manage chronic pain. I do wonder if at this low dosage positive effects may be placebo, there's no euphoria at this level, pain still present. I have capsules that are 600mg each. The most I've tried taking at one time was 4 capsules. I'm curious to know what to expect if I were to push it.

I've read quite a lot aboutthis plant during some years, I became interested again a few months ago, probably will get some 50x extract, from a (more or less) reliable vendor.
What I remember reading reports is that it's barely euphoric, no stimulating at all but quite sedating and quite decent in pain-relief properties. The thing about euphoria it's not completely unanimous since I've read a couple times about some people's extracts hitting hard and euphoricly, but you know, how you know if it's more akuammidine related or it's because of some RC or some shit?
It's not useless, that's for sure. Some people complaint about a certain degree of strange spacyness and the couch-lock effect.
I will do a report as soon as I have (in a month or so).

i had 5g of ground up seeds with no opiate tolerance and felt pretty much nothing.

would i need 20-40g just to feel something?

not sure i can swallow that many caps

i had 5g of ground up seeds with no opiate tolerance and felt pretty much nothing.
Are the seeds where the actives are? I've still never looked at this stuff other than seeing it on a vendor's website then making this thread.

would i need 20-40g just to feel something?
No idea, but when it comes to taking that much plant material I start questioning stuff very qiickly

Are the seeds where the actives are? I've still never looked at this stuff other than seeing it on a vendor's website then making this thread.

No idea, but when it comes to taking that much plant material I start questioning stuff very qiickly
yeah,
"Akuammine (vincamajoridine[2]) is an indole alkaloid. It is the most abundant alkaloid found in the seeds from the tree Picralima nitida,[3] commonly known as akuamma, comprising 0.56% of the dried powder."

Has anyone heard of this stuff Akuamma? Seems to have hit the market only recently. Apparently it is related to kratom and has a similar buzz to a relaxing red strain. I might try this stuff out.

"Akuammine (vincamajoridine[2]) is an indole alkaloid. It is the most abundant alkaloid found in the seeds from the tree Picralima nitida,[3] commonly known as akuamma, comprising 0.56% of the dried powder. It has also been isolated from Vinca major.[2] Akuammine is structurally related to both yohimbine, mitragynine and more distantly Voacangine, all of which are alkaloid plant products with pharmacological properties.

Pharmacology
Akuammine has antimalarial activity,[3] and may be the primary constituent of P. nitida seeds responsible for this activity.[4]

Akuammine is an opioid antagonist"

Curiously, it's an opioid antagonist? Maybe it's one of the other alkaloids that does it?
I just got some Akuamma seeds in the mail. Do you know what a good starting dosage would be? And can you just toss and wash or should you make a tea or something? (I doubt you'd smoke or vape it right?)

Also, can it cause precipitated WD if you are dependent on Kratom?

The answer seems to be an obvious "no" considering I've read about you and others using it for kratom WD, which means Kratom is in the system, but one post on this from a random BL user said that maybe it could.

Also, do you know if it would have any negative interactions with either prozac or Klonopin? I tend to doubt it if it's similar to Kratom cause that doesn't, but just checking.

the most prominent alkaloid is antagonist, but there is also a mu agonist in there as well causing the psychoactive effects, from what I understand
What exactly does it mean "for the layperson like me who has no understanding of pharmacology" that it's an antagonist? Should that somehow mean that it shouldn't work similarly to Kratom?

What exactly does it mean "for the layperson like me who has no understanding of pharmacology" that it's an antagonist? Should that somehow mean that it shouldn't work similarly to Kratom?
When it comes to most drugs which effect serotonin, dopamine, opioid, adrenergic receptors, antagonist means it does the opposite of getting you high. It will block other agonist drugs.

Agonist just means it turns the receptor on. instead of turning it off. There are a few types of antagonist that will get you high, though. But most euphoric drugs involve agonist compounds..

Narcan is an opioid antagonist
Antipsychotics are serotonin and dopamine antagonists

I tried akuamma btw, was very unimpressed. It did nothing but give me anxiety and precip withdrawals.

I imagine if someone had zero opioid tolerance they may get some effect from it. But otherwise not that interesting of a plant.

When it comes to most drugs which effect serotonin, dopamine, opioid, adrenergic receptors, antagonist means it does the opposite of getting you high. It will block other agonist drugs.

Agonist just means it turns the receptor on. instead of turning it off. There are a few types of antagonist that will get you high, though. But most euphoric drugs involve agonist compounds..

Narcan is an opioid antagonist
Antipsychotics are serotonin and dopamine antagonists

I tried akuamma btw, was very unimpressed. It did nothing but give me anxiety and precip withdrawals.

I imagine if someone had zero opioid tolerance they may get some effect from it. But otherwise not that interesting of a plant.
Oh shit, it gave you precipitated withdrawals?!?! Were they from you taking Kratom or a different opioid? How bad were they/what effects did you get? Did you have to go to the hospital?

I thought you had said you'd used it for Kratom WD before (and I know I read that others have both used it for Kratom WD and combined it with Kratom and were fine.) So what's up with that? Could it be some weird situation where sometimes people do get it and some don't?

If there's any reasonable chance that I could get them then I won't use it (and it sounds not great anyways) but i just find it confusing that I read that people use it for Kratom WD so they therefore had Kratom in their systems which i'd think would = precipitated WD.

Also, this is an entirely unrelated question but, do you think that Kratom WD lowers one's immune system?

I ask because I know that alcohol does, and so does my steroid inhaler which i usually don't use. I got drunk a few weeks ago, and it led to me getting a mild throat infection cause my immune system was down. Now I'm taking meds for it, and it was going away and not bothering me, but then I took 2 days off Kratom and was in mild WD, and today I'm noticing it's scratchy again.

Could i have lowered my immune system with the Kratom WD so that it came back?

Has anyone heard of this stuff Akuamma? Seems to have hit the market only recently. Apparently it is related to kratom and has a similar buzz to a relaxing red strain. I might try this stuff out.

"Akuammine (vincamajoridine[2]) is an indole alkaloid. It is the most abundant alkaloid found in the seeds from the tree Picralima nitida,[3] commonly known as akuamma, comprising 0.56% of the dried powder. It has also been isolated from Vinca major.[2] Akuammine is structurally related to both yohimbine, mitragynine and more distantly Voacangine, all of which are alkaloid plant products with pharmacological properties.

Pharmacology
Akuammine has antimalarial activity,[3] and may be the primary constituent of P. nitida seeds responsible for this activity.[4]

Akuammine is an opioid antagonist"

Curiously, it's an opioid antagonist? Maybe it's one of the other alkaloids that does it?
I tried it years ago. I got absolutely nothing out of it. Could’ve been a shitty supplier off eBay though.

What would happen if you took it while suboxone? Kratos does not put me into precipitated withdrawals when I am on suboxone but I also don't feel it either. Thank you!