• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Air Jordan Appreciation Thread (nike)

^nice one. the aj1's are in there.

he CAN fly!
mjairjam.gif
mjdunk.gif

mjswitch.gif
mjfreejam.gif

man, i hadnt seen a picture of the VI's in a long time. i loved those shows when i had them as a kid.

I don't have an Air Jordans but I wanted to put my .02 in about how I just don't get the AJ phenomenon. Not the basketball player obviously but the shoes! I swear people are willing to spend their last $50 to their name just for a particular pair. I use to work at a shoe store and people would come in asking if we had something specific and if not, when was it going to come in. These people knew more about shoes than I know about Sigur Ros! Crazy time.

the dude in the link i posted speaks the truth when he says that fans of AJ sneakers associate the shoes with an experience in their lives. much like how many people commonly see music. if you can remember what you were doing when a certain song or album came out, then you can understand that i remember the time in my life when i got my first pair of black/infrared air jordan VI's. 1991 was a good year artisticly speaking. hormonally it was rather horrible but that's another matter.

how sweet are these!?

SOLE201820NT20LV20batman20aj206.jpg

batman wore aj VI's (my favourite ever shoe) in batman returns!

edit: bwahah

even the action figure of batman has them on
batmanfig019ct3.jpg

Last edited:
I used to have the pair of Jordan's with the removable shroud that came with them. They were a pretty well-built shoe, I guess. They were always comfy. I only wear them for AAU games.

Kept a pair of the 2nd Payton's for practice ;)

--

I was never too, too into it, just so long as I had a solid pair of shoes that didn't ruin my feet. The Payton's gripped the floor much better than the Jordan's. Built for quick, little buggers like GP himself. What I am getting to is that a friend I used to play basketball with has every pair of Jordan's ever made.

your friend may have all the numbered pairs (1-22) but he doesn't have every pair they made. He doesn't have the china's i posted above, nor the special laser 3's made only for MJ for his birthday (only fakes were released to the public in china). Not to mention the ridiculous amount of colourways they've released of each pair and player specific color/numbered shoes, and the crosstrainers ectetera.

all 23 shoes are coming out next year in some form. although i don't like many of the designs between 12 and 19, i'd still love to feel them on my feet (yeah, i'm a little obssessed).

Hello Air Jordan fans (and SO regulars)

There is a bit of discussion going on in Aus Social at the moment about Nike and its possible exploitation of its workers though Asia.

Thread is HERE

It would be fantastic to hear the opinion of everyone, not just Aussies, so give it a stab.

To not totally be off topic. I love Jordans. Have never had a pair but I am always looking for Jordan bandanas, sweatbands and headbands on ebay. I have had Nike air sneakers many times before but never have been graced by a pair of Air Jordans.

Its crazy how much some people pay for them though. Limited runs on ebay can go for thousands. I have even seen used (as in used to death) Jordans on ebay, but people still bloody buy them.

Thanks

:D

i'm getting these beauties for xmas
cementspizikes.jpg

and i can't believe it. the missus is starting to sound serious about the 11 "23" packs next year!:D

I had the original jordans in 3rd grade. i was flossin like a mothafucka, mothafuckas.

this shitty image is the first "glance" at next year's final signature AJ shoe, the XX3.

untitled.jpg

many have already photochopped various colourways and variations and it's definitely growing on me.

^dude, next year a bunch of jordans are being "fused" with af1's. i'll post more about them later.

got my xmas kicks, and swapped the laces with my IV's.
stuffeyesaw499cx5.jpg