Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Agomelatine + MDMA

givemalulzdoze

Greenlighter
Hey,
I just got prescribed with Agomelatine. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agomelatine.
Didn't find any info about it on the forum here, neither in the anti depressants and recreational drugs thread, so thought I would ask here. If I was on Agomelatine, how would it affect my roll and how would it interact with MDMA?
Agomelatine is norephinephrine-dopamine-disinhibtor and 5HT2C antagonist.
Any ideas?

Interesting. It appears to be a new AD and also from a new type It is classified as a norepinephrine-dopamine disinhibitor (NDDI)

Hopefully some of our esteemed chemical buffs can chime in with there thoughts.

BUMP, So there isn't anyone here who has had experience with this melatonergic anti depressant?

Last edited:
Hey, I have a box of these waiting to start.... how are you going on it?

Hey, I have a box of these waiting to start.... how are you going on it?

I stopped it because it wasn’t helping.

No side effects – true – but also no antidepressant effects.

Very disappointed!

Rating = 0/10. :(

I hope it works for you.

Last edited:
The disinhibition comes from the 5HT2C antagonism. 5HT2C is a homeostasis mechanism (negative feedback) for decreasing DA/NE release. Apparently it has "negligible" affinity for 5HT2A (visual effects of MDMA and LSD type serotonergic drugs) and 5HT2B (touch qualities and some vascular). So I'd assume it would increase MDMA effects by decreasing the negative feedback of the extra serotonin released, and I'd hope that that would overcompensate for any reduction of 5HT2A and 5HT2B effects. For that reason I'm thinking of trying the combo, pending finding some people's experiences who have.

The interaction should be minimal, and nothing dangerous should occur, it might slightly benefit or decrease the role, it might also cause fatigue/sleepiness

One of my friends is currently on agomelatine, last weekend he takes approximately 400 mg. of crystalline MDMA during one session and reported only slightly diminished effects (like if would top other 10mg. for the each dosage it will be just regular roll).