• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Agmatine Sulphate -- what has your experience been like with this supplement?

User145667

Bluelighter
Agmatine is a Nootropic drug that is apparently pretty promising for lowering opioid tolerance. But it seems to have mixed reviews by Bluelight/Reddit/Drugs-Forum users. How has your experience been with it? Did it take a few weeks to start really working? Was it in a few days? Did it not work at all? Etc.

I took it for quite a while and noticed no difference in my tolerance. I was taking 2000mg every time I took oxycodone (40mg, twice a week). Maybe it needs to be taken every day? I am also interested to hear others results.

Not sure. I have taken it when tapering from kratom before and I feel fairly certain I would get higher from the same dose of kratom. A number of people have written pretty solid reviews of it.

Youwould have to take it an hour (ish) before you take your opiate, as it would need time to take effect beforehand, so taking them at the same time wouldn't have the same effect. It's also possible it's wishful thinking.

I have also read an account of someone saying they tested it extensively and taking more than, I think it was 100mg, maybe 200mg, was far less effective than the lower dose.

It's hard to tell what to believe about stuff like this, because the placebo effect is very powerful.

Not sure. I have taken it when tapering from kratom before and I feel fairly certain I would get higher from the same dose of kratom. A number of people have written pretty solid reviews of it.

Youwould have to take it an hour (ish) before you take your opiate, as it would need time to take effect beforehand, so taking them at the same time wouldn't have the same effect. It's also possible it's wishful thinking.

I have also read an account of someone saying they tested it extensively and taking more than, I think it was 100mg, maybe 200mg, was far less effective than the lower dose.

It's hard to tell what to believe about stuff like this, because the placebo effect is very powerful.

Hmm the lower dose thing sounds interesting. I've been taking pretty high doses of it. I can kinda tell a difference so far but its only been 5 days. But maybe it would be more effective if i lowered the dose. I was actually just wondering about that the other day

I'll be testing this stuff out soon. I mainly bought it to help benzo withdrawal, which it was proven to help with significantly (in rats). Also addicted to kratom and trying to alleviate tolerance. So we'll see.

It took like 1-3 days, I think its due to vasodilation but I could be wrong. Now I have a huge tub of agmatine and I don't think I can use it at doses for this purpose lol