• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Agmatine, Memantine and MMT

RedRum OG

Bluelighter
Would agmatine or memantine be useful in tapering methadone and/or keeping tolerance at bay long term? Some people seem to think agmatine wont cross BBB. Some people say they got miracle results. Any thoughts?

I definitely feel central effects from agmatine that arent particularly subtle. Mainly sedative in nature. But to be frank its not going be that helpful. Certainly not a miracle.

Can't speak on memantine. When i was on methadone I started taking fluvoxamine since its perhaps the strongest potentiator of methadone. Even then i frankly didnt see a huge difference.

I've tried agmatine and memantine both (still have giant bags of both that are never touched) not for MMT tapering but during my time with experimenting potentiating/lowering tolerance to kratom. Neither were particularly successful as far as I could tell, which wasn't very. And I hated the effects of both. Yuck. I will say that the agmatine did kill any euphoria I may have achieved from kratom. So it actually ended up doing more harm than good.