• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Agmatine for tapering down opioids/opiates?

HeadHigh

Bluelighter
Has anyone ever tried or successfully used agmatine to help curb their opioid use, or to help taper down? I have been told that it is very helpful in reducing tolerance build up as well.
I am thinking about using it to taper down my kratom use. I have successfully and easily tapered down before using nigella sativa oil, but i would like to try agmatine, as it is supposedly a great potentiator as well

I just read up a little on this. Very interesting. I'm hoping someone will have some experience with this substance.

I found this comment when doing a search.

"
To any and all Pain Patients or users of Opiates. I have been using Agmatine 650MG for tolerance and potentiating my Oxycontin for about 2 mos. This experiment has work so well I have actually been able to feel my pain meds again 60MG Oxycontin with 10/325 Norco for BT Pain.

I take 3 -5 Agmatine a day depending on my pain level. It does potentiate the Opiate and it increases the analgesia. I also have noticed that Im not withdrawing as bad (Through Experimentation) I will refuse to take my meds for 2-3 days yes suffer with the pain (It Sucks) but I want to do a real assessment of the Agmatine and its efficacy of lowering ones tolerance and withdrawl symptoms. WIthdrawl was a lot less, whereas before the Agmatine I would start withdrawl Symptoms 18 hours after my last dose, I didn't feel any symptoms until the 3rd day and it was so little I could have went longer.

It took about 3 weeks to notice anything but once it built up in my body it has been a wonderful help. I am thinking about including Magnesium Citrate with the Agmatine shortly to see if that lowers my tolerance any more.
"

Thank you cosmic trigger, that was helpful. I actually just received my agmatine in the mail today and will be using it over the next two weeks or so at 750mg. I will report back when i get a good feel for it

I also ordered some and will likely give it a try. If this thread gets lost down the road feel free to PM me with your results.

Sounds good to me. I am now on my third day of agmatine, and have not had too much potentiation, but i have read in most places that it takes about a week for there to be results. So im looking out for them. At about the 5 day mark, i plan on starting my taper anyway