• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Agmatine Experience for Opiate Tolerance Reduction

HeadHigh

Bluelighter
I was hopeful for agamtine to help reduce my tolerance to kratom after i had read some promising reports on other sites claiming that after about a week, the agmatine would potentiate the kratom to the point where you would want to take less and less, but I did not have the same results sadly.

My regimen: 500mg of agmatine twice a day.
I continued this regimen for four weeks with zero results. For the first two weeks, I took the agmatine 30min before i took my kratom, then the last two weeks, i took the agmatine at the same time as my kratom. There was little, if any, potentiation, and it definitely did not help me taper down. I also did not notice any other effects from the agmatine, it was a very benign substance.

I've heard that the recommended amount is minimum three grams per day in divided doses. I'm trying that anyway but haven't noticed anything yet. I guess the best results have been from injected agmatine.

From the research ive looked at, they said that 6mg per kilogram of body weight was the most that your body could absorb. So for me, thats about 450mg for me, so i just upped it to 500mg, and then took that twice a day.

Well I'm taking three grams a day and haven't noticed squat. I'm trying it for nerve pain also and I read you take more for that. I don't know about absorption but I'm getting squat unfortunately. On to the next pipe dream.

Yeah, im not sure what it is, but it must just be a crazy weak NMDA antagonist. If youre looking for nerve pain help, id advise pregabalin (Lyrica). I use it for restless leg syndrome and it works amazingly well

Lyrica is gabapentins bigger and better brother. Although, even with insurance, it can be a little "expensive" relatively. I say relatively because most prescriptions i get are SUPER cheap, but lyrica is not, but its still not expensive compared to what i would spend on supplements and other drugs

oh damn, well just a heads up, pfizer sometimes does free prescriptions of lyrica for those in need. You just have to fill out their forms and theyll see if they can help

Thanks, so far gaba seems to be working ok for me. I take too many drugs and often don't know what's up. lol

Thanks, so far gaba seems to be working ok for me. I take too many drugs and often don't know what's up. lol
A couple years late but pro tip, stagger doses when it comes to meds with low bioavailability, I took gaba for pain never took more then 300 at a time, it was 900 mg total so I would do 300 then wait 45 min then another 300 then 45 min then the last 300 you get far far higher amount of your dosage in your system than taking it all at once, I believe its the same w agmatine, it worked quite well for me keeping kratom dose low as well as when taken at night so I don't wake up in wds when tapering, I wouldn't do more than 500mg at a time, stagger your doses just like with the gabba if you need more, hope things are going well for you wish you the best of luck

I've heard that the recommended amount is minimum three grams per day in divided doses. I'm trying that anyway but haven't noticed anything yet. I guess the best results have been from injected agmatine.

Old thread but the topic is yet ever relevant.

I tried shooting it once and it felt like a huge fireball formed in my chest that quickly spread through my whole body and made me feel like I was on fire for about thirty seconds. I didn't even finish pushing the plunger down. It scared the shit out of me. Thought I was gonna die lol. Never again. Not recommended. I wonder if plugging would work? Don't really wanna have to do that three times a day every single day tho...

The real question is why haven't suppliers taken advantage of so many people knowing about Proglumide? You'd think you'd be able to find it everywhere online. But nope. Can't find the shit anywhere. Of course.

Anyhow, it did seem like Agmatine helped a bit when I was younger but its been a while since i tried it. It only seems to work if you use it consistently for 2-3 days (a gram or more three times a day) while abstaining from opiates during those three days (I wasn't a daily user at the time but had grown a somewhat large accumulative tolerance from my infrequent recreational use of opiates that had went on for years on end). And even then that lowered tolerance seemed mild and only lasted for one day before you had to use it 2 or 3 days again to get the same effect.

I'm interested to see how it will effect me now that I am physically dependent. Maybe I'll have better results this time around. Gonna try to order some again once I get my PO box set up

Last edited: