• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe After the Sub strip/tab dissolves, does it make a difference whether you keep your spit in your mouth or not?

ivorymoon

Bluelighter
I'm not sure how clear my question is so please read this, as well:

Ever since I've been on Suboxone, I've always kept my spit in my mouth for a little bit (maybe 10-20 min) after the strip/tablet dissolves.
My uneducated theory was that any of the bupe that perhaps didn't get absorbed as it dissolved would have a chance to absorb.

Is there any validity to this or have I been keeping my spit in my mouth afterwards like a jackass for no fuckin reason? lmaooo

If my theory is correct, how long should I wait before spitting?

Thank you 💜

Ever since I've been on Suboxone, I've always kept my spit in my mouth for a little bit (maybe 10-20 min) after the strip/tablet dissolves.
My uneducated theory was that any of the bupe that perhaps didn't get absorbed as it dissolved would have a chance to absorb.

Is there any validity to this or have I been keeping my spit in my mouth afterwards like a jackass for no fuckin reason? lmaooo

Thank you 💜
I've never spit cuz I wanna get all from it

I've never spit cuz I wanna get all from it
Do you keep it in your mouth for a bit before you swallow it? I don't like to swallow it because the taste is just bbbllecckk 🤢
Is it a fact that there's some bupe left in one's spit after it dissolves or do you just figure there is like me?

When I used (generic) Buprenorphine in the past
it worked best when I placed 1/2 tablet under at the back of my tongue about 2 hours, give or take
before rising from bed in the morning (example wake @5am, administer - get up @7am

The half tab wouldnt even be totally dissolved yet, but noticeably stronger
hope this helps answer

Do you keep it in your mouth for a bit before you swallow it? I don't like to swallow it because the taste is just bbbllecckk 🤢
Is it a fact that there's some bupe left in one's spit after it dissolves or do you just figure there is like me?
prob 15 min more or less i know it's gross

it worked best when I placed 1/2 tablet under at the back of my tongue about 2 hours, give or take
before rising from bed in the morning (example wake @5am, administer - get up @7am

The half tab wouldnt even be totally dissolved yet, but noticeably stronger
hope this helps answer
Yep, that's what I take: generic tablets. I think someone on here told me that crushing them beforehand makes a difference in how much bupe you absorb. I crushed them a couple times but didn't notice enough of a difference for it to be worth the hassle so I just break the hexagon into forths and pop all 4 pieces under my tongue.
So when your tabs would dissolve though, would you keep your spit in your mouth for a bit or would you just spit/swallow right after? Do you have an opinion or knowledge on whether or not there's anything left in one's spit that could be absorbed if kept in one's mouth afterwards?

Would you go back to sleep or just lay there and rest your eyes?

Pretty heavy sleep ...
my mouth would still be fairly dry after 90 min - 120, but absorption seemed at least 3-fold

Pretty heavy sleep ...
my mouth would still be fairly dry after 90 min - 120, but absorption seemed at least 3-fold
Does it absorb better with a dry mouth vs wet? My bad, my doctor never told me shit about how to get the most out of each dose.

First time I tried it, used a full 8 mg tab
woke 2 hours later, had 3 - 4 mg still undissolved - dry mouth
best it ever worked
BigHardLog believe it or not

Why would anyone spit out drugs, especially opioids.
I do with Suboxone because I figure there isn't much left in it and I had been told by my old doctor that anything you swallow isn't really absorbed in the stomach, in regards to bupe. I know there's a bunch of opiate receptors in the gut though so I take it I was given rotten information...?

First time I tried it, used a full 8 mg tab
woke 2 hours later, had 3 - 4 mg still undissolved - dry mouth
best it ever worked
BigHardLog believe it or not
Yo I'm so sorry but I just wanna get this absolutely clear: I should start with a dry mouth? If that's the case, how do I keep my mouth dry the whole time? My saliva glands tend to go crazy sometimes with that shit under my tongue.
I feel dumb as hell

Not expelling it causes more constipation over time ...
yeah, waking that early in the morning id be mostly dry - and stay that way
until up for good

Last edited:
Not expelling it causes way more constipation over time ...
yeah, waking that far into morning id be mostly dry - and stay that way
until up for good

Youre saying that if you don't spit it out you get constipated? That sounds like more buprenorphine in the bloodstream. As a former opioid addict i cant imagine spitting out opioids, however miniscule the amount (but then again, ive never dealt with buprenorphine films).

Thank you 💜
Yes