• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

After 20 years of smoking 1 gram a day. I managed to quit cold turkey after a 3.5g mushroom trip. Here are my thoughts 6 months on.

BenzoDaddy

Greenlighter
So long story short, my weed usage had been getting the better of me for a while. Mainly due to increased anxiety and stasis. After a few failed attempts at tapering. I managed to quit using shrooms as the catalyst.

I packed up all of my smoking kit and stash, the plan was to give it away before the trip but I was too anxious to commit. I packed it up anyway and made the decision to decide what to do later. A few hours into the trip I found the strength to commit. I gave everything away to my friend who was sitting for me.

The mushrooms helped me find the strength to go for it, and in a very comforting way reassured me I would be Ok and this was what I needed.

Yes I had some withdrawals but 6 months in now and I have not been tempted to smoke weed again.

Would love to share more info if anyone is interested. I am still using benzos for acute anxiety and I am still on 675mg of Pregablin. I hope to taper off that in the coming months.

So long story short, my weed usage had been getting the better of me for a while. Mainly due to increased anxiety and stasis. After a few failed attempts at tapering. I managed to quit using shrooms as the catalyst.

I packed up all of my smoking kit and stash, the plan was to give it away before the trip but I was too anxious to commit. I packed it up anyway and made the decision to decide what to do later. A few hours into the trip I found the strength to commit. I gave everything away to my friend who was sitting for me.

The mushrooms helped me find the strength to go for it, and in a very comforting way reassured me I would be Ok and this was what I needed.

Yes I had some withdrawals but 6 months in now and I have not been tempted to smoke weed again.

Would love to share more info if anyone is interested. I am still using benzos for acute anxiety and I am still on 675mg of Pregablin. I hope to taper off that in the coming months.
Congratulations!!!

Some questions if you don't mind. 1. What symptoms did you experience during your withdrawals? 2. What did "stasis" entail in your particular case? 3. Has the friend who sat with you sat with you before? 4. How well do the benzos work for you anxiety? 5. Is there a particular reason you're tapering off Pregablin?

Congratulations!!!

Some questions if you don't mind. 1. What symptoms did you experience during your withdrawals? 2. What did "stasis" entail in your particular case? 3. Has the friend who sat with you sat with you before? 4. How well do the benzos work for you anxiety? 5. Is there a particular reason you're tapering off Pregablin?
Thanks Man

1. Sleepness nights after the first week and vivid dreams. After 30 days this was much improved. Irritability and low mood for a couple of months.

2. By stasis, I mean I was finding it hard to motivate myself to do the things I needed to do in life to be happy and weed was making me Ok with not doing anything about it.

3. No he hadn't sat we me before, but is a trained psychologist so was really helpful both before and in the days after the trip.

4. Benzos are incredibly good for anxiety but also incredibly addictive. Be careful

5. Now my head is a bit clearer and mood is improving I want to see if I actually need to be on the Pregabs. Maybe I do..maybe the anxiety from all the smoking made it seem like I did. Wanna figure that out.

Thanks Man

1. Sleepness nights after the first week and vivid dreams. After 30 days this was much improved. Irritability and low mood for a couple of months.

2. By stasis, I mean I was finding it hard to motivate myself to do the things I needed to do in life to be happy and weed was making me Ok with not doing anything about it.

3. No he hadn't sat we me before, but is a trained psychologist so was really helpful both before and in the days after the trip.

4. Benzos are incredibly good for anxiety but also incredibly addictive. Be careful

5. Now my head is a bit clearer and mood is improving I want to see if I actually need to be on the Pregabs. Maybe I do..maybe the anxiety from all the smoking made it seem like I did. Wanna figure that out.
Were you on the benzos and lyrica before quitting the weed?

i relied heavily on weed to quit my benzo addiction which was quite bad. i tried shrooms a few times from a gram at a time to eating 3.5 grams at once, even tried tea. they have never done a thing for me. but i feel if i really wanted to quit weed i could without the help of other influences. i have done long tolerance breaks for weed, i had a week or so that i had a hard time sleeping felt grouchy for another week or so . but nothing like running out of benzos and no source for more.

after 4 trips over 10 week course, I also feel completely different than the last times I have ran out of weed and started to spiral.

Thing is, it is still medicine, so it does not get really better the longer I am off in any sort of linear manner. But it truly has ability to "hold one back", that I can not pinpoint to single feature of weed.

They talk about "dry drunk"-syndrome, and while I recognize its existence, I also feel like there is no point trying to be sober if it has been repeatedly observed to not work out. It has often just led to apathy, dissociation, insomnia, dysfunctionality and just general mental torment. But for reasons I have difficulties to understand, I feel like now I could do something about it.

But if I end up replacing weed with coffee and alcohol, I will probably get back on weed. I've been "relatively sober" for a while now, but I get money next wednesday. I am feeling about spare money like people who get anxious when they get out of jail.

i found the first time i tripped, i had this kind of relaxed calm feeling throughout me that lasted around 6 weeks ! i didnt need anything for that time, it did fade and i got lazy yeah, but they really have the power to help with certain addictions i feel with the right trip/guidance

I am (for the first time ever) ready to let go of my marijuana addiction.

I didn't get there with shrooms. I got there with 5-MEO-DMT.

I haven't had amphetamines for over a month. First time in years. Not sure if I've done three weeks in a row without amphetamines for the past 5 years.

Now, I don't want any. There is zero desire. I don't think I will ever have any uppers again, because: I don't want to.

If I quit everything fundamentally (including bufo), I'd never have gotten here.

Psychedelic drugs have the potential to heal. You can also abuse them. You can refuse the healing and just soak in the hallucinations, etc... but the potential is there.

Marijuana has been a massive crutch for me, for a long time. More so than alcohol... Perhaps more than anything else.

Now I consume it sporadically because it feels nice. It isn't a compulsion. I'm not hiding. I'm not abusing it.

Good for you, OP.

Breakthrough doses of psychedelics can totally cure addiction.

All drugs are NOT the same.