View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Afraid To Take Acid?

Sgomez1497

Greenlighter
Recently I've had an interest in trying acid, but there's something that worries me. What if I don't get acid? Only reason I ask is because, about a month ago, my cousin bought what was supposed to be acid (the tabs looked like little spongebob stickers). But after taking whatever it was, he ran outside, rubbing his head in the grass, screaming that his head was on fire. Now he's in the hospital, and he's just a complete vegetable. Apparently the drug ended up being some new stuff that originated in China, can't remember the exact name. So, is there any way to tell beforehand if what you're getting is actually acid?

Also, on a side note, I've never done a psychedelic before. I thought about trying shrooms, but I heard that acid is better to start with because on shrooms, it's more common to have a bad trip. Is this true?

Apparently the drug ended up being some new stuff that originated in China, can't remember the exact name. So, is there any way to tell beforehand if what you're getting is actually acid?

25x-NBOMe, presumably. There are test kits/reagents out there that will give different colour reactions with LSD and NBOMe-type drugs. NBOMe's have a strong, unpleasant taste and numbing effect, so many users go with the saying "if it's bitter, it's a spitter" (LSD is commonly regarded to be tasteless, although the paper or dyes on the blotters may sometimes have an ever so slightly bitter or acidic taste). If you want even more peace of mind, you can swallow the tabs instead of just keeping them in your mouth: LSD has excellent oral bioavailability (so swallowing doesn't really decrease its potency), whereas NBOMe's tend to have a drastically lower oral BA (so if you do not keep the blotter pressed against your mucous membranes for several minutes, you will absorb only a fraction of the dose).

Luckily, NBOMe are nowhere near as common as they used to be... a few years ago, those were everywhere, but nowadays people have access to high-quality LSD via the darknet, or ALD-52 and 1P-LSD (two semi-legal analogues that get converted to active LSD in the human body) via the clearnet.

Also, on a side note, I've never done a psychedelic before. I thought about trying shrooms, but I heard that acid is better to start with because on shrooms, it's more common to have a bad trip. Is this true?

LSD is pretty stimulating, and I don't think the headspace is that much lighter than that of shrooms. What's more, LSD lasts significantly longer (~6 hours for a shroom trip, ~10 hours for LSD), so that alone suggests shrooms as the better "beginner" psychedelic.
Of course there are far more easygoing psychedelics than either of these two, like 2C-B (also 2C-C and 2C-D) or AL-LAD.

In general I always advise first-time-trippers to have a benzodiazepine (alprazolam, lorazepam, diazepam...) on hand in case of a bad trip. Also, it is *not* a good idea to smoke weed on a trip unless you've had several psychedelic experiences, as cannabis tends to intensify a trip in unpredictable ways.

Recently I've had an interest in trying acid, but there's something that worries me. What if I don't get acid? Only reason I ask is because, about a month ago, my cousin bought what was supposed to be acid (the tabs looked like little spongebob stickers). But after taking whatever it was, he ran outside, rubbing his head in the grass, screaming that his head was on fire. Now he's in the hospital, and he's just a complete vegetable.

Really? A vegetable? Really?

Aside from that... you could always get a reagent test so that you can test potential tabs. You can buy them on Amazon for Christsakes. They come in a little bag, you put in the drugs, break the vials, and see what color the liquid turns. Cops use them. It's practically idiot proof.

Thanks guys, that gives me a lot more peace of mind :)

And yes, a vegetable. As in, doesn't talk, doesn't respond to anything, just stares, can't use bathroom by himself anymore, etc.

there are no bad trips.
but there are unfortunate encounters with an unprepared self.
being afraid of mushroom because of hearsay tells me that your research is skimpy, and that you really just want fun.
do more personal research,
if you still want to explore, then shrooms are just as good as lsd to help you meet your self.

That sounds nice and existential, but there are definitely BAD trips. A bad trip on acid or mushrooms can be as psychologically damaging and traumatic as a good one can be mind-blowing and enlightening. If you're worried about getting the correct substance, you should look into ordering LSD analogues like 1P-LSD, ALD, etc with bitcoin over the internet. There are many legit websites out there. I know of a few personally, but im not sure what the rules are on here regarding sharing that kind of stuff.

there are no bad trips.
but there are unfortunate encounters with an unprepared self.
being afraid of mushroom because of hearsay tells me that your research is skimpy, and that you really just want fun.
do more personal research,
if you still want to explore, then shrooms are just as good as lsd to help you meet your self.

I actually don't have a fear of doing mushrooms, it's more the LSD I was worried about. Also, I am looking to use psychedelics as tools for enlightenment and personal growth, not as party drugs.

If you've tripped on mushrooms (atleast 2g's or more) and didn't freak out, I would think you could handle LSD. If you have some fear or apprehension about doing it, then you probably should trust your instincts.

you should look into ordering LSD analogues like 1P-LSD, ALD, etc with bitcoin over the internet. There are many legit websites out there. I know of a few personally, but im not sure what the rules are on here regarding sharing that kind of stuff.

Nope, no sourcing here at BL. Sorry. Refer to the BLUA.

-PA