• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Afraid to embrace a trip.

Slowmymind

Greenlighter
I have been smoking weed every night for several months now. Usually it is a great experience. It really gives me something to look forward to, and makes doing things so much more fun.

Once in a blue moon when I have smoked a little too much, I start to get this weird feeling. It basically feels like I am losing control somehow. It's like my mind is trying to go somewhere, almost as if it is trying go to a different dimension. In response to this I start to panic a little and fight that feeling of loosing control. To me it feels wrong when my mind starts to float away. I am not sure why I am instinctively afraid of this, it's like if I let my mind drift away it won't come back lol. I would like to completely trip on Sativa one day, but when I start to get to the psychedelic point my brain will not let me embrace it. Has anyone experienced similar effects? And if so did you figure out a way to go with it? What happens after that point and you start tripping?
When I get into this situation, and if I start to get panicked I just walk around, maybe take a Valium, and I calm down once I feel in control again.

You're describing what seems like some sort of anxiety/panic attack. It might just be psychological. Perhaps during sessions your brains create an anxiety cycle where you worry about the high and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy... Maybe you should try some relaxation techniques.

How often do you take Valium? Could that have something to do with it?

Yeah it must be an anxious/panic thing. I only take Valium every now and then for social anxiety mainly. I have started meditating, hopefully that helps me a little.

You take valium for social anxiety, huh? Does it work? I mean, is it easier to talk to ppl now?

Yeah it works. It basically does exactly that, takes away most of the irrational anxiety I experience in social settings.

Are you on a prescription from the doc, or are you self-medicating? I wanna try try it out.

Prescription. It's hard to get here in Australia though. The doctors are so fucking paranoid about addiction here.

Has anyone experienced similar effects?

So many times.

And if so did you figure out a way to go with it?

It seems almost impossible to do so just from smoking it alone and waiting. It's like how on a psychedelic you won't ever get through to the full trip unless you dose high enough, and smoking cannabis just has too low of a ceiling to almost ever cross that threshold. It can definitely make you hallucinate, but it usually won't take you to the point that you would consider a full experience on something like LSD or mushrooms.

However, if you get to that feeling and then lie down in a dark room and meditate, then it's a different story. If I'm feeling that way then I'm usually also capable of getting mild psychedelic-like visuals in the dark, starting with pulsing color clouds and dots, but building up to cartoony imagery as well. This takes some practice, but if you're able to keep yourself still long enough to enter a trance state, the high starts increasing to more fully hallucinogenic points. The fear tends to increase as well, but you just have to force yourself to let it build.... It usually gets my heart pumping and my hands sweating, but if I hold on, eventually I will hit a "breakthrough" point and be basked in white light and euphoria, and all that fear stuff will disappear.

What happens after that point and you start tripping?

A beautiful out-of-body experience that can take you anywhere that your mind desires, for as long as you're able to keep it going anyway. For me at this point there are also colors and geometry similar to a moderate strength full trip on psychedelics, nice fractal patterns and everything but not overwhelming like a huge dose would be. The visionary aspects for me reminds me of DMT in art style but are significantly less complex and more "real world" like a dream as opposed to alien and mystical. The mindset tends to be pretty lucid and hedonistic and reminds me of LSD in some ways.

Ultimately, the trip is short-lived and leaves something to be desired if you're looking for an intense psychedelic voyage, but it is still a strong and worthwhile experience of its own. I actually find it to be better than many psychedelics in a lot of ways, with the only downsides being that it's inconsistent, takes some work to achieve, and is hard to hold on to once you get there. It will never replace a full trip for that reason, but it's certainly a state of mind I think is worth exploring.

That same thing happens to me on LSD mostly than other psychs and its best to just go with the flow think if you fight it it gets worse just go with the flow you'll be fine afterwards the flow is blissful and beautiful! :D

So many times.

However, if you get to that feeling and then lie down in a dark room and meditate, then it's a different story. If I'm feeling that way then I'm usually also capable of getting mild psychedelic-like visuals in the dark, starting with pulsing color clouds and dots, but building up to cartoony imagery as well. This takes some practice, but if you're able to keep yourself still long enough to enter a trance state, the high starts increasing to more fully hallucinogenic points. The fear tends to increase as well, but you just have to force yourself to let it build.... It usually gets my heart pumping and my hands sweating, but if I hold on, eventually I will hit a "breakthrough" point and be basked in white light and euphoria, and all that fear stuff will disappear.

I get this all the time when i focus after smoking weed, i can turn the noise in my vision into minor acid visuals and build them into fractals the same way only when focused though!

Yep, it's pretty interesting. :) It definitely makes me think that THC works with some kind of feedback loop in the brain that becomes especially perturbed when attention is focused.

Yep, it's pretty interesting. :) It definitely makes me think that THC works with some kind of feedback loop in the brain that becomes especially perturbed when attention is focused.
I had the idea that once you know how to focus yourself on the hallucinations on psychs then on weed which is a kinda psych you can apply the same
Principle 0.o not sure that's just a thought

The way I look at it, in any trip, you must view it exactly as you view life. That means basically that you know it ends, and you are aware of the shitty aspects; however you embrace them because what else would you do in life but live to die, and enjoy the good things you can find in this world.

The way I look at it, in any trip, you must view it exactly as you view life. That means basically that you know it ends, and you are aware of the shitty aspects; however you embrace them because what else would you do in life but live to die, and enjoy the good things you can find in this world.
This exactly!!! The concept of meditation kinda becoming aware it's there and feeling and embracing its purpose! But not having the emotional effect off of it.