Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advising friend on his first acid trip

Rio Fantastic

Bluelighter
Hello,

My "friend" (I use that term sparingly) wants to have his first acid trip. He has assured me that he isn't remotely concerned about tripping too hard, because he is a heavy dailer weed smoker, has tried dabs many times, has taken speed & MDMA etc and no matter how much I tell him about how different acid is, in his typically machismo, dismissive manner he has told me essentially that bad trips are for pussies and that he will be absolutely fine and has told me to stop "babying" him and to just get him the LSD that he's paid for. I tried to tell him, but he doesn't want to hear it. Everytime I've told him to be careful and to consider set & setting and to be round people he trusts etc he has stopped me and told me he doesn't need to hear any of that because he can "handle it". When I tried to bring up the importance of mindset & environment again he got irate and told me that I was overthinking it and basically told me to shut the fuck up.

I'd usually just leave it there, but the thing is he's paid for five tabs, and he plans to take all of them. I've tried to find the weakest acid possible, but I can only find two types of tab that are confirmed to actually be LSD that I can get in a reasonable timeframe, and I'd rather he got it off me so I know he's at least taking real LSD rather than god knows what research chemical. The tabs I've gotten him are just standard strength - one tab is definitely enough to get you high, and two tabs is all a virgin will need to have a full-blown trip, and this guy is going to take five. And it's his first time having any kind of psychedelic. And he will pay no attention to set & setting. What can I do!? Please, imagine this exact situation was happening to you and a buddy of yours, what exactly would you do in my shoes?

Any help or guidance would be extremely appreciated!

If there truly is no reasoning with him can you cut them in half and claim its what it's meant to be? Not something that's normally considered a good thing but an overly intense trip can be emotionally and mentally scarring.

What if you told him to take half of them and he can redose in 2 hours or something? It's in everyone's best interest he keep his first time dose around 2.

I agree with the above , I enjoy tripping but still haven't went above 150ug because for me that's intense and I find myself quite sensitive to LSD but with the likes of grass etc I'm sweet with high doses , even shrooms I've had 25g fresh libs , my point is you don't know how sensitive he's gonna be to Lucy nor does he so I think you should cut them in half then if he's sweet with it give him the remaining tabs the next day or something and unless it's shit lsd I'm pretty sure he'll understand

I dunno, man, I know it's against harm reduction... but if I knew someone like that I'd just let them do it. They'd learn their lesson real quick. Doesn't seem like there's any way to convince him otherwise.

What 240sxLover said. Just let him do it, and have him learn a lesson.

Give him his cash back or let him get gooned on some bomb tabs. He'll either have an epiphany while tripping and stop being a macho man or he'll get too wrecked and think he's an orange for the rest of his life. You've either got 5 hits in your pocket or you teach a punk a lesson.

I'd say I think he's a little stupid to be going balls deep in acid like that for the first time...obviously he doesn't understand the true power of acid, if you can talk him down to do 3 tabs that would be a little better. Like many other have said if there's no convincing your friend, let him learn the hard way. Just make sure no matter what you do don't be negative around him when he's tripping, not at that dose. You have every right to say, "I told you so" after he's comedown, but you can seriously ruin his trip, I no longer trip with anyone but myself because every time I am by myself tripping it turns out amazing and I learn so much...good luck to both of you hopefully he won't take that much the first time.

I definitely wouldn't give any psychedelics (or other drugs for that matter) to somebody with an attitude like that. If he has an unpleasant experience he has got nobody to blame but himself, but could you just forget about the fact that you indirectly caused this unpleasant experience by supplying him? I would personally try to avoid being put in that situation.

If you are with him when he takes some, this applies:
Just make sure no matter what you do don't be negative around him when he's tripping, not at that dose. You have every right to say, "I told you so" after he's comedown, but you can seriously ruin his trip

I would give him his money back and tell him to never contact me again. I don't need negativity in my life.

However, if this is not a viable option, I would tell him that I could only get my hands on 1 hit, and that it is weak. And then give him the option of a full refund or of taking the 1 hit and a partial refund. I wouldn't provide someone who is being irresponsible with any amount of a drug as powerful as LSD.

Now, when you say 'friend', just how much of a friend are we talking about here? Is it going to bounce back on you in any way if you just give him his money back? Do you know him well enough to be around him when he is going to be tripping? Would you be able to be around him when he is tripping, or would he not tolerate this.

Rio Fantastic; this will probably end up badly if he takes all 5. Is there any way you could make sure he has a sitter?

Tom

When he goes full psycho unable to think with rational thought and punches a cop in the face thinking he's a demon you'll wish you limited his dose.

LSD is not something you teach lessons with or you will learn one to.

It sounds like this dude shouldn't even be doing psychedelics, they're not for getting "fucked up". More is not always what you want, it's not alcohol at a frat party or something. Psychs are the real deal, the final boss of drugs.

Sure, letting him do it will absolutely set him straight. It'll be a very painful lesson though. A friend of mine got the same way with me when he bought 4 tabs and I told him to be careful. He spent the next 10 hours in another dimension pouring shampoo all over his face and talking to his fan. With his parents home lmao.

Yeah, that's an idea actually; only get a few tabs and say that's all you could get now. Then he won't be able to eat 5 hits. Just give him the excess money back.

I remember when I first shared MXE though with a buddy, I told him to split the 50mg into three lines. He was like, "It's so tiny, I'll just take it all at once." Well, needless to say, an hour in he was tripping dick. He never snorted all 50-60mg in one go again, and followed my advice from then on hahahah.

When he goes full psycho unable to think with rational thought and punches a cop in the face thinking he's a demon you'll wish you limited his dose...........

It would be good if you could both be safe, but if this thing goes ahead it might be best to cover your own ass and make sure any unfortunate predicament he finds himself in doesn't get traced back to you as the supplier. No point in both of you getting in trouble for his arrogance and stupidity.

Here's what I would do if I actually cared about the guy: Give him two tabs, and the remaining money back (of course), and just tell him that's all you could manage to get. I understand you wanting to get it for him to make sure it's real LSD, because someone like the person you are describing probably isn't going to give enough of a shit to get it tested, and 5 hits of something that's not LSD could be fatal.

I understand you wanting to get it for him to make sure it's real LSD, because someone like the person you are describing probably isn't going to give enough of a shit to get it tested, and 5 hits of something that's not LSD could be fatal.

Agreed, 5 tabs of really any research chemical can get someone killed, your friend obviously not the smartest person and should realize that what he is getting could be something else. Let me know how it goes man, I am very interested in seeing what happens to your friend.