• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Advice required regarding MDMA recovery

Sorry but I forget, have you tried SSRIs/SNRIs yet? I personally think they should really be considered in ex MDMA users, but mostly just Citalopram.

St. John's wort is another option that you could try OTC before SSRIs.

Don't feel like you have to exhaust yourself socially, I have a feeling depending on varying chemistry a person can be sometimes an introvert and sometimes an extrovert.

Therapies that increase neurogenesis can work for depression, SSRIs work in part by increasing neurogenesis. Depression is often times due to a cortisol mediated reduction in neurogenesis, although there are different causes of depression.

I haven't. Honestly Mirtazapine is proving highly effective, on 15mg I felt almost back to normal and last night I reduced the dosage to 3.75mg. Today I felt kinda okay, and certainly a lot better than I did when I made my last post, which is encouraging if a quarter of the minimum prescribed dose is enough to get me by.

I think I'll wing it like this and reduce again to 2mg/day in a week or two then nothing. I'll report back with the results in due time.

Have you fully recovered, Cotcha? If so, how much MD did you do and how long did it take to get to 100%?

Last edited:
Well I wish I could tell you how much MDMA had affected me but I suspect I didn't do too much MDMA, mostly bunk ecstasy/bath salts. But I didn't do too well for about four years and I still can't sleep.

MDMA users are a different matter than bath salt users though. Personally I think 5-HT2A antagonists like mirtazapine are good for past MDMA users, MDMA users might have sensitive 5-HT2A.

Well I wish I could tell you how much MDMA had affected me but I suspect I didn't do too much MDMA, mostly bunk ecstasy/bath salts. But I didn't do too well for about four years and I still can't sleep.

MDMA users are a different matter than bath salt users though. Personally I think 5-HT2A antagonists like mirtazapine are good for past MDMA users, MDMA users might have sensitive 5-HT2A.

This is the problem I have. I have no way of knowing whether I took MDMA or not. It had the desired effects at the time but I suppose it could have been mephedrone or something.

That said I can't do anything about that now and I'm treating this as a typical LTC.