PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice please - magic mushrooms

Stevethecunt

Greenlighter
New to here but fascinated

I basically have a few things.?

I cannot smoke weed or cannibis in anyway, i get so paranoid now it is pointless and it is not any fun at all. No idea why.

I did however have 2 horrific experiences in amsterdam on magic mushrooms. I was a lot younger and did not respect them. I thought they were just hippy bull shit. They were not and i see things to this day 10 years later i cannot eplain. My family has a history of mental illness and i can only guess this was what happened during my trip. It was incredibly profound but very scary. Now i am older i wpuld like to explore it but feel silly i have kids and a 9 to 5 its not something i feel i can risk again.

My thing is cocaine, for some reason it resonates with me and i am able to enjoy it free of the paranoia all other drugs bring. I dont know why that is.

Really want some advice on the mushroom trips i had, they were very deep and i eat a whole box so was mega dosed in a very unfamiliar setting. Was i bad because of my setting or is the sense that i can get some answers true?

Always wondered.

Steve

???????

Hopefully it is not an underline mental illness. But that aside you either were in a bad setting or ate way too much idk how much is in a "box" could you please specify your dose in grams your first mushroom dose should be 2-3 grams 4 if your really ballsy but do not go over the 5 gram mark with no tolerance as atleast for me 5+ grams sometimes even as low as 3.5 is when shrooms get really unforgiving

Welcome. Cannabis affects many people that way. Perfectly normal, so don't worry about it.

Certain people are much, much more sensitive to psychedelics than others, meaning their threshold dose is a small fraction of what others seem to be comfortable taking, so in general,
never mind what people say.

If you are prone to anxiety, steer clear of psilocybin, and never smoke weed before / during your trip. Start off with 1/3 tab (40ug) of LSD or ALD-52, and do that amount several times to establish your equilibrium. If all goes well, advance to 1/2 tab (60ug) and hold it there awhile. Advance no more than 1/4 tab (30ug) after that, and in general, dose only once in a session.
I would avoid mixing any other drugs with psychedelics while you are finding your feet (say, for the first year). The best policy is always START SMALL AND INCH FORWARD.

Best wishes now and always.

Last edited:
Really want some advice on the mushroom trips i had, they were very deep and i eat a whole box so was mega dosed in a very unfamiliar setting. Was i bad because of my setting or is the sense that i can get some answers true?

Well, the answer you got was pretty much "Don't do shrooms until you're in an optimal set and setting!". That, too, is a valuable answer: A psychedelic isn't something you can just take whenever, and force a therapeutic epiphany. I am not being condescending here: Many psychonauts struggle to realize this simple fact all their lives :)

At any rate, generally it may not be advisable for people with a history of mental illness to do psychedelics at all, although in truth many of the people who seek out psychedelics do so precisely because they're not the "sanest" people to begin with (and, admittedly, that also includes myself).
Psychedelics, IME, offer tremendous potential for healing, but they are also inherently *dangerous*. This is not some anti-drug-preaching I am doing here - just like mountainbiking can be really good for your physical health, you'd have to be pretty reckless to attempt it without wearing a helmet and elbow/shin protectors, on a bike that hasn't had its brakes checked for 10 years.

It is also very important to acknowledge that a "profound" experience during a trip doesn't necessarily mean a therapeutically valuable one. A schizophrenic person having a "profound" experience might very well just become even more delusional.

If you've got little kids to take care of, that is another reason to stay away from shrooms for the time being. Even at a therapeutic dose, the shrooms might induce extremely intense feelings of guilt because you feel like you're disappointing your family by doing shrooms, not to mention having a low-key coke habit.