L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Advice Or suggestions

tonja

Bluelighter
I'm currently married and going through a divorce its disastrous my current husband is a drug addict is more than that. The other day he comes to my house tells me he wants to work things out how he loves me and I don't want no part of that no more and he throws in my face the kids that makes me feel guilty.

I tell him I will try well 24 hours later he's still screwing around with his tweaking girlfriend and doing drugs I tell him to leave this is No life for me or the kids. So here is my confusion he then accuses me of cheating on him and we're not even together I've been a faithful wife for 17 years well not married 17 married 15 together 17 and he's the one who stepped out on me in January but I found out he'd been cheating long before that what he accuses me or tell him he's wrong even though the answer is I was with somebody one night.

Then he gives me the ultimate threat he says he's going to find out who I've been with even though I denied it and he's going to skin them and kill him.

I am now concerned should I stop seeing this person visiting with them or spending time with them to keep them safe? Do I let him dictate my life? Where do I just continue on living like I have been and hope for the best?

The person I've been spending time with I've known a long time and he is fully aware of all the bullshit. I'm not sure what to do or how to go about dealing with this I have been doing so well I even remembered how to smile what do I do? Does anybody have any advice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seek legal help immediately.

Move in with a friend, a family member or anyone just for a short while until things cool off between you and him (If he is tweaking his thought process may be screwed up) protect you and your kids first - the rest will fall into place.

Do not tell your partner that they are never seeing his kids again - tell them that if he 'wants' to see them, he cannot be high. Tell him directly - when he is high and in this state you fear for your children.

Get a restraining order - or non molestation order etc.

(Moved from Homeless - OP, I hope you do not mind but I broke your wall of text down a bit so people will actually read)

Bear

You need to protect yourself and your children. Bearlove's advice for what to say to him is spot on. You do not need to escalate the situation by saying "never" but you do need to make it perfectly clear that he cannot be around the children when he is using these drugs. Let the person you are seeing know what is going on as well--he deserves to know if someone is threatening him. If your children are in school you can enlist the school counselor to help them with any feelings of confusion and fear they may be experiencing but afraid to communicate to either parent for fear of "taking sides". Kids absorb so much more than we can see and giving them help now will pay off down the road. Best of luck--I know this must be very stressful for you.<3

I think you should divorce him as soon as possible. Thank you.

Our youngest is 13 the other children are over 21 the older kids are great support