• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice on shooting Roxy (30mg) for first time?

Oh, and I hope you meant 40-70 units... as 40-70 cc's is a ton of liquid.. An entire syringe is 1cc, provided it's not the 1/2 cc kind..[/QUOTE]

yes yes...thank you for correction....units not cc...20 yrs of drug use=20 yrs drain bamage...

I second what everyone else said. Don't shoot a roxi just cause it feels like the right thing to do or next thing you know youll be shooting them all the time. Many people start shooting because its the only thing that will let them cost effectively stay maintained compared to oral, sniffing - dont be one of the people that jump from the deep end just because it seems like a fun thing to do. Not only that, but IVing a pill is horrendous for your veins. I IV'd mdma, ketamine, meth and still wouldnt shoot a pill. If you must shoot it then take proper harm reduction measures and use a micron filter. Cotton will not take out all of the non-solubles. Also, NEVER heat the solution, stir it for longer if you must (most shooters will stir for a very short time before heating, let it rest for a few minutes and stir again a few times, should get most dissolvables into soln). Stay safe..!

I basically know how to do it without causing any major harm. I've watched my friends do the whole process countless times, I've just never paid attention to how much water is supposed to be in the rig with the already finished pill/water solution (if any at all)

Most people do not use safe IV practices, so dont think that watching 'friends' IV will teach you how to do it safely.

Lol IvIng roxies DOES produce a rush. wtf r u ppl smoking. Iving blues is amazing I do it every day. For the RUSH. the immiediate onset of the high. Pisses me off so much wen u clowns say theres no rush compared to dilaudid. What the fuck? U kno hoe many ppl are addicgtdd to shooting these things?

Immediate onset is not the same thing as the rush, with respect to IV opiates. There is a completely different feeling for 20 seconds or so after IVing most opiates, which is certainly not just the come up being faster. Most people do not experience a rush from oxycodone, although some say they have. Oxycodone is one of the only opioids that I have heard of people switching back to the oral ROA after IVing it. It doesn't last as long when you IV it, and since it's dangerous to IV and most people don't get a rush from it, the risks outweigh the benefits, which is why even some hardcore addicts just eat them.

Even ignoring the rush/no rush argument, IVing oxy will give you much better value for money, especially if you have a tolerance. When I swapped to injecting I was having to eat 200mg to get a decent high going, once I shot up I would shoot only 100mg and get a better high than what I was getting from eating 200mg. The duration is slightly shorter (30 - 60 minutes) but if you do the math it's still much more bang for buck.

That said, I absolutely wouldn't do it without a micron filter, the damage you can do to your body is immense and not worth it.

Most people do not use safe IV practices, so dont think that watching 'friends' IV will teach you how to do it safely.

Immediate onset is not the same thing as the rush, with respect to IV opiates. There is a completely different feeling for 20 seconds or so after IVing most opiates, which is certainly not just the come up being faster. Most people do not experience a rush from oxycodone, although some say they have. Oxycodone is one of the only opioids that I have heard of people switching back to the oral ROA after IVing it. It doesn't last as long when you IV it, and since it's dangerous to IV and most people don't get a rush from it, the risks outweigh the benefits, which is why even some hardcore addicts just eat them.

Thanks, I feel like we cover this on a nearly daily basis.... And then there's posts like the following which are anti-HR and not completely logical...

Even ignoring the rush/no rush argument, IVing oxy will give you much better value for money, especially if you have a tolerance. When I swapped to injecting I was having to eat 200mg to get a decent high going, once I shot up I would shoot only 100mg and get a better high than what I was getting from eating 200mg. The duration is slightly shorter (30 - 60 minutes) but if you do the math it's still much more bang for buck.

That said, I absolutely wouldn't do it without a micron filter, the damage you can do to your body is immense and not worth it.

It's not a better value for money, tolerance or not. As you said, it's substantially shorter which makes you usually want more and more, and MOST people who actually IV oxycodones don't micron filter. I swear all my friends who are all season veteran IV-users, they all laugh so hard when they hear about kids banging oxy, just like we bust up when I hear about kids smoking oxy.

Even these guys who have been using for years/decades, they slam oxymorphone, hydromorphone, morphine, and heroin, they all take their oxy's orally.... That really should be saying something...

Plus, I'll be the one to say that there is no rush associated with oxycodone, as Tommyboy explained, there is a difference between near instantenous onset, and rush. Several examples, hydromorphone, oxymorphone, morphine these drugs produce a legit rush.

I've even experienced rushes with morphine and hydromorphone when taken large doses rectally, and oxymorphone can gives me a rushing sensation when I snort it, despite it's slower onset. Heroin give me a damn good rush when I smoke it, but it takes skill to get the technique down as most people don't know how to properly chase.

Another poor example, is how some people inject benzodiazepines. I've injected many benzodiazepines with the proper solvent, be it H20 for midazolam, loprazolam, flurazepam, or PEG for alprazolam, triazolam, and the other common ones. Just because I injected them, didn't mean I got better effects, it's not at all worth the effort, going through micron filtration, the whole injection process makes me nauseous even to think about now because I've been clean from IV drug abuse for over 2.5 years now. Plus, yeah, the only difference is immediate onset, which is why the best way to take benzodiazepines for most rapid onset and for longer-lasting effects, steady effects is sublingually.

With oxycodone, it's pretty much the same logic being applied, but the ROA that makes the most sense with the most reward and least risk of complications is orally.

Tricomb put this perfectly.. Ive tried to IV oxycodone multiple times, (4 to be exact), each time, hoping, praying that it would be a worthwhile experience. Each time I regretted it-no rush, short duration (like crack without the rush), and you're left with the thought "damn, I just wasted a drug with an 80% oral BA to satisfy my needle fever". If you want a comparison, IV oxycodone is to IV Oxymorphone, what IV Dextroamphetamine is to IV cocaine... it's actually a WASTE!

Thank you for the advice! I tried snorting a 15 for the first time yesterday.best thing I have EVER felt in my life. 5 hours later, I was getting a 30mg lol. Im still indecisive about shooting it though. I can't really bring myself to stoop that low for one high. I'm prolly gonna end up doing it one day though:/

This. You said it yourself already. If you are having second doubts, definitely do not do it. If you were satisfied with sniffing it (which it seems like you really were) then I would just stick with that for now.

Everyone is different and experiences things differently so where some say there is a rush, some say there isn't. I think that people who say there is a rush with IV oxy haven't experienced a rush from IV heroin or dilaudid.

Also, a good way to get a 'satisfying' feeling (not comparable to an IV 'rush' feeling, but a way to get a good buzz if you like the insufflatuon ROA) is to orally take a roxi (mg depending on your tolerance) & then 20-30 min later snort a roxi (mg also depending on tolerance). Bec you are already feeling good from the oral, the quickness of onset from snorting it will produce a nice effect. Kind of like a "sniffing rush" for lack of a better explanation.

<3

Last edited:
I have shot dilaudid plenty of times Iving oxycodone produces a better rush, for me personally. I put 3 in the spoonand rip that bitch. Powerful kimmiediate overwhelmingly orgasmic and noddy effects that last for hours. Lol, no one would evr say after an oxy shot "damn I just wasted a pill w such a high oral Ba" its the other way around

I have shot dilaudid plenty of times Iving oxycodone produces a better rush, for me personally. I put 3 in the spoonand rip that bitch. Powerful kimmiediate overwhelmingly orgasmic and noddy effects that last for hours. Lol, no one would evr say after an oxy shot "damn I just wasted a pill w such a high oral Ba" its the other way around

I didn't say it right after the oxy shot, but I did 30 minutes later when the high was wearing off, compared to it taking another hour to wear off when I would eat it. I guess that you are one of the few lucky (or unlucky, depending on how you look at it) people that gets a rush from IVing oxy. I would just get high quicker from doing it, with no immediate tingling, pulsating feeling taking over my body, which I get from other IV opiate rushes.

Everything is subjective, although there will be a majority that feel one way or another from certain drugs. The majority of people dont get a rush from IV oxycodone, but I hear like 1/12 people saying they do get a weak rush from it, and like 1/50 people say they actually get a really good rush from it.

Hmm that's kind of odd. In my town there are probably 20 people that are addicted to these roxy 30s. They say shooting them is the best feeling you will ever have, etc. It seems to be a popular addiction in my city. Hell when I snorted it, it gave me a rush I have never felt and I felt amazingly warm and tingly all over.

Ok There is no regular Dilaudid around here where I live. The main doctor that prescribes them got into some kind of trouble so he is having to take the people off of so many Dilaudid. My Friend gets 16mg Hydromorphone. We have been trying to figure out how to shoot them. They have that inside that is described in another discussion. It is half white and the other half is like grayish/black. Can someone help me by telling me what I need to do to bang them. The best way possible anyway.

I dont get a rush like I would when I shoot Dilaudid. But I can feel it hit me instantly and It is an awesome feeling.

Ok There is no regular Dilaudid around here where I live. The main doctor that prescribes them got into some kind of trouble so he is having to take the people off of so many Dilaudid. My Friend gets 16mg Hydromorphone. We have been trying to figure out how to shoot them. They have that inside that is described in another discussion. It is half white and the other half is like grayish/black. Can someone help me by telling me what I need to do to bang them. The best way possible anyway.

Search for the info or start a new thread on it. This way this thread can stay on topic.

I don't know how to do that. I have been coming to this website for at least a year and a half but I just now signed up and got a username. Today was actually my first post. Can you let me know how. And will someone respond to that for me you know cause I am new and don't know anyone on here yet. Thank you though. I will try to figure it out.

Last edited: