• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice on not redosing?

GetMeOutOfThisCRAP

Bluelighter
Some quick questions: I've been struggling a lot lately not redosing. I want to stick at the dose that perfectly keeps withdrawal/any pain at bay and not go past that by over 10-20 mgs. Not only is it a waste because the redosing never is as effective, it just makes me deplete my amount way too fast while making my tolerance sky-rocket. I experimented and it takes me 20-30 mg daily to not feel any withdrawal, but honestly I've been doing 70-90 milligrams daily lately. Seems like such a waste.

Also--I recieved a blood test from the hospital and everything came back totally normal (not a drug test) except for the oxygen levels in my blood. The oxygen levels were noticably lower than the norm and the facility mentioned that. I just assumed it was the opioids. Is that a problem at all or normal for opioid use? Thx

P.S. this thread is in regards to IR oxy/percocet (if anyone knows how much tylenol is dangerous from the percocet that would also be appreciated!)

Last edited:
If you are taking pills with APAP in them and are taking more than 3000mg a day you will need to do a cold water extraction to save your liver from possible damage. There are many tutorials and instructions on bluelight and elsewhere.

As far as redosing, well once you open that door it's kind of like pandora's box. Ever since I started redosing my self control has just gotten worse even though I know that next dose won't be as effective.

you could negotiate with the doctor by telling him that you have kidney and liver problems from the APAP iand is not helping at all, plus all the nausea it brings yuckl,, requesting the same dose but without the APAP,

falsified is right, it;s all about your mindset, with oxy in my experience you always get from half an 80 to 260 in 2 months if you are not disciplined, it's your choice but if this behaviour sticks to you subconsiouslly then you will apply this to anything,

I really hate to repeat what has been said but a CWE would be the best option, it is really easy to do, I can do a video for you even if you don't manage yourself to do it but I doubt it, if you are now on 80 mg cut down to 40 and then taper sloooooooooooowly to your real prescribe dose.

I'll look into the CWE process. Does it make the opioids lose any of their milligram count at all or alter the bioavailbility? Other thing I've noticed since I've started redosing too frequently is that my sex drive is literally gone even though I've been working out. I'm a younger male... I should be hornier than hell lol. Guess the lack of libido makes me feel more like an intellectual though that sex isn't a distraction atm ;)

Seeing how no one has even mentioned the blood-oxygen levels, I'm guessing that's nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
I'm no doctor, I couldn't tell you anything about the blood oxygen levels. If your doc wasn't concerned about it then It probably isn't a huge issue.

When doing a CWE you always lose a little bit of opiate but it's not enough to make any difference. Unless you are incredibly sloppy or you are an imbecile you shouldn't lose more than 2-5% of the good stuff, not enough to notice.

There will be absolutely no change in bioavailability.

Last edited:
How much APAP is in each of your pills? 325mg or 500mg? And what dose of oxy is in each one too?

I'm not sure lying to your doc about APAP making you sick is a good idea just because doctors will be used to hearing such things from people they consider drug seekers, so that's risky. In the US it seems the prevailing view right now is that IR opioids are "safer" than XR opioids. I'm not saying this is true (any doctor here will tell you the exact opposite) but it's what doctors in the US believe and they will also be wary of scripting OxyContin because of the DEA etc.

As for info on CWE's check here:

Oxy is the worst to wanting to redose tolerance shoots say higher than say morphine
If I had a bottle of oramorph and a strip of oxys the strip of oxys would be gone it don't matter how many j have soon as I get high I fiend for them.
Morphine I just feel bit shit if I nod out but usually don't proper crave until eight to 12 hours true withdrawal after 15hours compared to oxy I be rattling after eight

How much APAP is in each of your pills? 325mg or 500mg? And what dose of oxy is in each one too?

I'm not sure lying to your doc about APAP making you sick is a good idea just because doctors will be used to hearing such things from people they consider drug seekers, so that's risky. In the US it seems the prevailing view right now is that IR opioids are "safer" than XR opioids. I'm not saying this is true (any doctor here will tell you the exact opposite) but it's what doctors in the US believe and they will also be wary of scripting OxyContin because of the DEA etc.

It's opposite in the UK they'd rather have you on extended say the instant are more addictive.
Depends on Dr tho

So it's 10 mg of oxycodone/325 mgs of acetaminophen. The other day I didn't do a CWE and took about 6 of them, uncaring about the tylenol levels. I did feel pretty strange and not in a good way for a couple of hours... like I could just tell the tylenol was affecting my liver. Next day I felt fine though. (In regards to endocet, idk if they have endocet in the UK but they're the legendary yellow percocets). I also have IR oxycodone that's uncut, so usually I avoid the percocet if I can.

Going to try not to exceed 30 mg of opioids this week on a daily basis. I want to cut back... higher doses just result in brain fog and no libido. It's almost unpleasant.

It's opposite in the UK they'd rather have you on extended say the instant are more addictive.
Depends on Dr tho

Yes this is true in the UK but in the US they think the opposite because of the previous over-prescription of OxyContin. We never had that here and most of our docs prefer using XR opioids for long-term use as they're considered less addictive not more.

So it's 10 mg of oxycodone/325 mgs of acetaminophen. The other day I didn't do a CWE and took about 6 of them, uncaring about the tylenol levels. I did feel pretty strange and not in a good way for a couple of hours... like I could just tell the tylenol was affecting my liver. Next day I felt fine though. (In regards to endocet, idk if they have endocet in the UK but they're the legendary yellow percocets). I also have IR oxycodone that's uncut, so usually I avoid the percocet if I can.

Going to try not to exceed 30 mg of opioids this week on a daily basis. I want to cut back... higher doses just result in brain fog and no libido. It's almost unpleasant.

Alright so that's just under 2000mg APAP if you took six. To be honest that's unlikely to cause you any harm on its own. But since that's 60mg of oxy and you're only scripted 10-20mg are you sure you didn't feel strange just because of the nausea from the higher dose of oxycodone? Or is your tolerance used to that level by now?

To be clear it's good HR practice to do a CWE and I am not discouraging it, but 2000mg APAP is not really a health hazard. Doctors will tell you to take more than that routinely in my experience and the max safe limit is 4000mg per day and you're on only half that.

Also since you have regular IR oxy without APAP, if you alternate between the two you shouldn't have any problem with the APAP building up in your system either.

No Percocet over here we just have plain IR oxy and XR oxy. If someone is put on anything stronger than codeine here they just get the pure opioid.

I don't know. Opiates are more complex than we give them credit for. Sometimes it's hard to tell where the negative side effects are coming from. I don't get nausea from them anymore tho

The real question is do you frequently use 60mg enough to be tolerant to that dose or are you used to taking lower doses? Also, did you eat before taking it?

The real question is do you frequently use 60mg enough to be tolerant to that dose or are you used to taking lower doses? Also, did you eat before taking it?

Yes... Unfortunately my tolerance can handle 90 mg these days-- but 20 is enough to feel "normal."

I don't know why my dosing has been crazy lately. I've been in a relatively better part of my life too. I should probably just go back to living the kratom life again before the wd becomes a real thing. Right now I just feel a little bit sleepy on kratom only and maybe a tad grouchy but it's not anything like the monster that I've dealt with before I discovered kratom. It's a miracle how it prevents you from feeling sick.

Yes... Unfortunately my tolerance can handle 90 mg these days-- but 20 is enough to feel "normal."

I don't know why my dosing has been crazy lately. I've been in a relatively better part of my life too. I should probably just go back to living the kratom life again before the wd becomes a real thing. Right now I just feel a little bit sleepy on kratom only and maybe a tad grouchy but it's not anything like the monster that I've dealt with before I discovered kratom. It's a miracle how it prevents you from feeling sick.

Oxy be like that unfortunately. It creates compulsions.

You should definitely consider moving back to kratom imo. If you can stay well on 20mg you are still in very early stages of a habit and it'd be easy for you to just wean onto kratom instead. To give some reference, when I was doing oxy I used 80mg to stay well and 300mg to get high. You build up tolerance fast with this shit. If you can see that happening, and you are compulsively redosing, then yeah kratom is a good idea.

Yeah I agree. I saw a post that you've recently gotten off them. How was that?

It's so strange how tolerance can be. If I took my doses now a year ago I absolutely would have been so sick/potentially have to worry about overdosing but lately it's been terrifying how much I require to feel anything. The hardest thing about opiates is that if you're good at hiding the addiction and functional there's not really much incentive to get of them.

When quitting other substances there's an obvious improvement in other areas of your life. For example, without benzos you might feel a little bit clearer in your mind or have more energy. Quitting stimulants you'll finally be able to get a good night's rest and not have compulsive crazy thoughts anymore. There's apparent benefits to sobriety. With opiates there's just little incentive to get off them because you're simply greeted with long-term misery. They trap you. It feels wrong to be dependent on them but they make me happier and it's not in my head. I truly believe I handle life the best when I'm using.. and then I'm sober and in theory supposed to be more functional but I'm just not as resillient.