• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Advice on Limiting My Drug Consumption

Bloodborne1

Bluelighter
So, I’ll be brief and cut to the chase:

I am looking for any recommendations you have to limit my drug consumption (opioids). Days I work aren’t an issue; I work in a hospital taking care of patients so I’m able to work and not take anything until I get home. When I’m finally home, I’ll relax and consume around 40-50 mg of Norco (hydrocodone).

However, the days I’m off work are the issue. When I’m home, I have absolutely no willpower. No matter what I attempt to do to stay busy, it never can trump my desire to take more Norco. So throughout the course of a day, I generally consume over 100mg of Norco.

Needless to say, it’s something I have been attempting to limit for a long time but to no avail. My question is do you guys have ant recommendations to boost my willpower to help me fight the urge to take more throughout the day? What has worked effectively for you guys in the past?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah +1 to a timed safe, although it's more of a band aid than solving the real issue.

I am similar to you mate except with weed and the only thing that works is staying busy and having shit to do on my days off.

Do you have any significant other, or friends you can spend time with instead of being just at work or on your own? Having a healthy set of relationships has a way of limiting peoples use. Whether you get a safe or not is one thing, but regardless you should only keep so much available close by at any given time if you’re limiting your use. First step to a limit is a limit.

Be sure to cold water extract the Tylenol out of those hydrocodone.
Liver Failure is really super bad, painful, disabling and deadly.

Try to taper down slowly and find other things to do.
Keep yourself busy.
Get some new hobbies and some new friends.

I wish you the best of luck.

My only way to limit intake of drugs is to practice not giving in to the fiend.
What I mean is to just skip doses and keep doing this as it does get easier.
A lock box will only give me a short spell of breaking it open and will find any drugs hidden or held by another.
We have to use our own srength to not do drugs sometimes and ime it is not so difficult with proper distractions.
Not how well we can consume drugs but how well we can not do them has been my most effective way.
We all have different makeups but being lazy and being in a world of pushed instant gratification can be remediated.
Just a thought

Do you have any significant other, or friends you can spend time with instead of being just at work or on your own? Having a healthy set of relationships has a way of limiting peoples use. Whether you get a safe or not is one thing, but regardless you should only keep so much available close by at any given time if you’re limiting your use. First step to a limit is a limit.

This is my first choice as well. Someone you can trust can divvy them out at set times for you and this can be a starting step in developing your own self-control. I'm going to move this one over to the recovery forums guys.

I find it much easier to use less when my tolerance is less and I don’t allow it to be pushed up. If I were you I’d start ultra low dose naltrexone and black seed oil and titrate that use down to being satisfied at 10-20mg, then keep it there. It’s fully possible to rework your receptor density even after long term use. I’m a 3rd degree burn patient that uses 10-12mg oc a day for adequate pain relief. And if I need to come off, it’s no big deal thanks to the NALT. Bout to come off this week, as a matter of fact.

Below a certain threshold it gets much less moreish ime. Also the work you have to do titrating makes you not want to blow it