• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Advice on if I I can handle marijuana

gotta say that having "horrible horrific panic attacks" first time on cannabis doesn't scream out "this drug is good for me" at all
It's really normal though with the potency of stuff nowadays. I had horrible panic attacks when I started out but it soon became the perfect drug for me.

Expectations is everything. Pot, LSD... I've embraced both and only had to wonder about urban legends ever since.

So thanks for all the comments guys. For now I'm sticking with CBD, but we'll see what the future holds. That time when I said I did the CBD gummy a couple weeks ago, well I doubled the dose, which was hardly anything anyways. After about 45 minutes, I started almost having a little panic, but I managed not to panic. I think I'm afraid of that feeling of dissociation, like I feel disconnected from my thoughts or something. It happened mildly when I took the CBD (with small THC). The panic I have had in the past has to do with feeling like every thought I have is not mine, but just appears in my brain. This may be true anyways, but the calmed nature of my normal not high brain convinces me that I am in control. I don't like feeling outside of control of my thoughts and that's why I panic hardcore.

Hello, I've had 2 experiences with marijuana in my life. I tried to smoke it twice, but I had gotten it from some unknown source. I had horrible horrible horrific panic attacks, especially the first time I did it, and it was also quite bad the second time. The panic attacks were like extreme deja vu and wondering if every thought I had would come to pass, and I had weird thoughts. Anyways, I suffer from some pretty bad anxiety and was just wondering if I am capable of using marijuana to help with the anxiety. Yes, it would be nice to get a little high, but I just want something mostly help with the anxiety. Do you think the pot I had gotten when I had the bad experiences was high THC possibly and that's why it happened? Is there a strain that would be higher concentration of CBD to THC ratio that wouldn't produce the same results? Or am I just doomed to not be able to smoke pot? How about edibles? I need some honest advice about this from someone who may have anxiety like I do. Thanks.
So I live in a legal state so it's easy for me to walk I to a store and ask for Indica stain, that's what you should go for. If you have experienced friends they can let you know of ots a head or body high, go for the head high. Indica is usually calming.

That deja vu feeling comes with every panic attack I have, guessing that's what you were going through

I'd Def try edibles, it's much less intense.

I would highly doubt it was laced with something, I would imagine dealers wouldn't waste drugs on weed.

I'm on my lunch break right now and read OP's post but nothing else in the thread. Apologies if I'm repeating what anyone else has posted:

Weed can absolutely be an anxiolytic. What's really unique is how it can swing you in the opposite direction and cause an uptick in anxiety instead.
I'm still a black market user so I don't have the most verifiable sources. I do trust them when they tell me what something is, it's just that I can never figure out if they were lied to prior to giving me strain names. That said, I can't really go through the whole spectrum of strains to help you out with this one. I CAN say that Purple Jolly Rancher put my thoughts to rest and myself at ease each and every time I inhaled its wonderful vapors.

This is the type of thing where you'll likely get mixed replies on strain recommendations due to the absolute versatility of cannabis and its ability to effect two people in contrasting and contradictory ways.

I know a lot of connoisseurs like to shit on Leafly because of its crowd-sourced platform (you never know if you can trust a review or if it's a plug) but I've had amazing success and narrowing down what strains I think I might enjoy by using its search features. I don't think I'm able to post a link publicly because technically you can source your stash from the site, but give me a few minutes and check your PMs. I'll show you a great place to start your search for the perfect strain.