• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Advice on crack addiction?

n33dhelp

Greenlighter
I tried crack for the first time 6 months ago and used everyday up until a couple weeks ago, already had a history of opiate addiction.
I've been depressed (mainly due to serious heartbreak) but not too bad. If I use it again what are the chances of being able to not abuse it?
I don't think abour it often but get intense cravings occasionally. I love it though it's one if my favourite drugs. Recreational use wouldn't be so bad if it was like once a week or less? But is that realistic? I have no idea the mechanics of crack addiction but its been much easier to stop than heroin, I know I can't use that "for fun" lol

Using crack doesn't automatically turn you into a crackhead. Statistically and in direct contradiction to the common narrative, most people who try it do not get addicted. The 2008 National Survey on drug use found 76% of those who had tried crack in the four years previous had stopped using it altogether, 15% smoked occasionally, ie were casual users, and only 9% were actual crack addicts. So yes, it's possible to use crack recreationally. Depends if you have the right mindset for it or not.

I tried crack for the first time 6 months ago and used everyday up until a couple weeks ago, already had a history of opiate addiction.
I've been depressed (mainly due to serious heartbreak) but not too bad. If I use it again what are the chances of being able to not abuse it?
I don't think abour it often but get intense cravings occasionally. I love it though it's one if my favourite drugs. Recreational use wouldn't be so bad if it was like once a week or less? But is that realistic? I have no idea the mechanics of crack addiction but its been much easier to stop than heroin, I know I can't use that "for fun" lol
You're already partially hooked (at best) and are trying to rationalise taking more recreationally

You have history of addiction, and have used crack daily for 6 months until recently. I'd say your chances of using 'recreationally' ("once a week or less") are extremely unlikely

It doesn't have the same physical pull as opiates obviously. The mental hook though is super-severe and insidious to the 9th degree

Last edited:
Just caved after 7 days sober bought a g of powder from the foreigners. Absolute crap repress with God knows what. Kicking myself now for caving told myself I need to learn responsible use but not exactly ideal material for practice.

You seem alot like myself. There a many drugs that you are gonna be unable to use recreationally, crack is pretty high on that list. I'm gonna finish off this bender tomorrow and then I'm off to an inpatient program. I tend to do really well when I just get into my daily weed routine with the addition of some psychedelics, maybe 1-2 times per month along with pregabalin (lyrica) which actually works wonders for my anxiety and has the added benefit of lessening some of my lower back and joint pain. Best of luck bud... ditch the rocks

Nope. Had stopped for on average a full year with no specific intention to use again, and no evidence of having used again.

Yeah if you get a habit with crack sure it's one of the worst to beat, because the short sharp nature of the high makes you wanna repeat and repeat. But not everyone automatically gets a habit.

PS just for the record I've partaken on occasion. Did enjoy but not to the point where I felt even remotely inclined to spend my last penny or sell the literal shirt on my back for one more hit.

I WAS that way with heroin. But I am never gonna say everyone who takes heroin is gonna respond that same way because that's a) just simply not the case and b) literally will breed more addicts if you indoctrinate people with the belief that oh if I try xyz even once I'm bound to become enslaved to it for life.

Last edited:
I can’t think of a thing more harmful for depression than crack IMO. That massive jolt in dopamine only to drop like an anvil leading to worse and crushing depression.

Using crack doesn't automatically turn you into a crackhead. Statistically and in direct contradiction to the common narrative, most people who try it do not get addicted. The 2008 National Survey on drug use found 76% of those who had tried crack in the four years previous had stopped using it altogether, 15% smoked occasionally, ie were casual users, and only 9% were actual crack addicts. So yes, it's possible to use crack recreationally. Depends if you have the right mindset for it or not.

I can believe those numbers.... but if you have a history of habitual use... I bet the risk factor goes up a lot.

If you're going to be using crack frequently then set designated days for using only like Saturday night and Wednesday night, and a weekly budget.

Learn about cocaine and buy only the highest quality powder. Wash it yourself. Get good at washing it and use the crackpipe with the spontex either learn the A/B extraction process. Make sure your pipe is well maintained fresh chore etc. You can also use the bicarb method but I'd recommend double boil method and use a Pyrex dish inside a jar of hot water boiling on the hob. 25% as much bicarb as cocaine HCL. And respect it is a powerful drug which can indeed get a serious hold on you and ruin your life.

Personally if you can access pure cocaine hcl then it is more enjoyable just to sniff, you know the stuff that sniffs like air and provides strong confident feeling. The odd 0.5 washed up and smoked is no bug deal. But too much becomes mentally addictive as he'll to the point I've lost enough money to buy a house with it.

The wisest advice is stick to sniffing. Or very moderate rock use. Do not buy pre made rock and test your cocaine powder hcl. Then if you must smoke crack wash it ones self.

If you're going to be using crack frequently then set designated days for using only like Saturday night and Wednesday night, and a weekly budget.

Learn about cocaine and buy only the highest quality powder. Wash it yourself. Get good at washing it and use the crackpipe with the spontex either learn the A/B extraction process. Make sure your pipe is well maintained fresh chore etc. You can also use the bicarb method but I'd recommend double boil method and use a Pyrex dish inside a jar of hot water boiling on the hob. 25% as much bicarb as cocaine HCL. And respect it is a powerful drug which can indeed get a serious hold on you and ruin your life.

Personally if you can access pure cocaine hcl then it is more enjoyable just to sniff, you know the stuff that sniffs like air and provides strong confident feeling. The odd 0.5 washed up and smoked is no bug deal. But too much becomes mentally addictive as he'll to the point I've lost enough money to buy a house with it.

The wisest advice is stick to sniffing. Or very moderate rock use. Do not buy pre made rock and test your cocaine powder hcl. Then if you must smoke crack wash it ones self.
Sounds like sound advice. The lesser immediate ROA is always going to be inherently safer.

Depending on your discipline, personality, and individual reaction to the drug, you may have more trouble quitting. 6 months straight is going to take a month or two to start feeling normal again. Everything is relative and relative to being high, it's not as fun but also not as damaging so just wait long enough and your base mood will level out.

buy 10gs of mdphp for the price of 2g of coke, i have seen multiple people on reddit claim that changing to mdphp brought stability in their life, probably 100% financially related. ive dabbled w mdphp and some dust on my finger is enough for a panic attack it's crazy strong.

the aforementioned posters re-dosed on an hourly or bi-hourly(?) basis iirc.

but this sounds like anti harm reduction, you will smell all cummy and shit, ive had neighbours bitching about it but never in person luckily. the whole block stank.

damn we seem so similar rn lmao hope ur ok xoxo

Just make sure you don't sell your computer. lol. That happened to me years ago. It's a good thing I no longer smoke the stuff, but if some one stuck out a pipe in front of me I might just go for it.