• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Advice on coming off tramadol and codeine

richj2k

Greenlighter
Hi All,

Firstly, forgive me If this isn't in the wrong thread and not in the "health and recovery" section. This section seemed the most logical.

Anyway, I have decided its become time to come off the tramadol and codeine and I have been shamefully abusing for about two years now. I have realised my life has revolved around the drugs, and not around life itself, if that makes any sense to anyone. For example, Im just less inclined to meet a friend for a beer, or do anything social for example.

Regarding the particulars, I would say the levels of codeine was around 600mg per day, and tramadol was about 200mg max at times.

The question I have for anyone with former experience is that is there anything that I can take to ease the withdrawal from these drugs? I have tried cold Turkey without and assistance and I have tried a taper plan, which I found impossible with something so short acting as codeine, but hey that's just me.

My assistance is that I have over 50 2mg clonazepams, around 80 50mg pregabalins, and approximately 30 150mg pregabalins at hand if needed.

From what I have read online and here in the forums, I have noticed others mentioning these drugs as being able to was withdrawals from opiates. Im just unsure of what dose to take, and how long to take them for.

Im just sick of rebounding (3 times now) and need to try and alternative method.

Open to other suggestions also.

Any advice greatly appreciated xx

Last edited:
Hey did you do it ? I’m finding anti-imflamatories like diclophenic help a little they take away the body ache mentally though I’m going nuts!