• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

ADVICE! My friend needs help ASAP! Can't get him in rehab!

Edaw'Naflagn

Bluelighter
My friend needs 20 xanax bars at once! Just to stop WDing! That's 42Mg's! Every day! He has to take 4 sometimes to kill off seizures! Don't get me started on his seizures! He has them constantly half the damn day... I don't know how he hasn't died yet and don't want that any advice?

He should go see a doctor or go to the hospital and go on a supervised medical taper regimine with a longer acting benzodiazepine such as clonazepam or diazepam. That sounds like a pretty serious habit and professional intervention sounds necessary as withdrawal from benzodiazepines can be fatal.

He refuses help... Sadly we tried it so idk what to do man... It's sad, annoying, and above all stressful for me and his family man. Any other words of advice that may work?

See he gets 260 xanax bars a month from a dirty doc we don't know who the doc is it's not on his phone and there's no cards for him and can't find him online duel me not knowing the docs name... And I he runs low he gets refilled half a month before he's suppose to and does that every month. He basically gets 2 bottles of 260 Xanax bars every month due to this dirty doc... It's getting annoying and he misuses them only. He really does need them and used them right about 3 years back but then got into a wrong coward and just abused them ever since. Anyway to get him to replace bars with Valium? Or something stronger so he doesn't have WD and can't really abuse them because he doctor will do that as well as the bars but give less bars and I think that's the best but idk how to tell him to do that and how to get him to do it in the first place man... ITS SOO STRESSFUL!

Get him to an emergency department when he has a seizure, they'll most likely admit him, stabilise him and help him pursue a better course of medication.

Benzo withdrawal is fucking serious shit. Needs medical attention dude, it's genuinely an emergency.

I have to say something here that may be unpleasant.

It doesn't matter how much you care for him, and it doesn't matter if you are hurt that he continues to use. You will never be able to do the work for him. He has to want it. If he doesn't want it he will keep hurting you and keep making you worry.

Baker acting, or sectioning will only cause resentment in him, and he may not reach out to you when he needs you.

Just keep your expectations low. Benzos are nothing to be trifled with, and he may die from this addiction.

He has to make that decision himself. But you can let him know that benzo withdrawals are not only miserable but fatal, especially at those doses, and that he's only prolonging the inevitable. It sucks, but it's his decision to make. The best you can do is continue to push him to get help while continuing to let him know that you care and that you'll be there for him if he gets help. If anyone would be gotten through to me when I was an addict, they would have to be very firm on their stance but also caring, make sure he knows you hate the drug use, not him, and you hate it because it's hurting him.

I agree with manboychef though, about not having high expectations. I hope he's not getting that amount prescribed, if he is and it's not part of a taper, someone needs to take a good look at his doctor, because that's literally almost murder.

he needs to fix up and take responsibility, you can't figure it out for him.
seen too many shrine threads recently, hopefully he gets his shit together.

It's a good thing that your friend got into the hospital. He could have died. I really hope the doctors there can find out who is improperly prescribing all that Xanax. That doctor needs to have his license revoked! I agree with above posts though because when your friend gets out, he will just go back to the same behavior. There is only so much his family and friends can do. :(

(moving to The Dark Side)

Last edited:
Yeah he just had one at hospital now so I'll let them take him... Sad man FUCK!

Research the laws of your state regarding involuntary commitment. Many US states allow for an individual that may cause imminent harm to himself to be involuntarily committed to hospital/psych ward v-- and not released until no longer a threat.

It's likely your last option.

That much Xanax will likely take YEARS of taper, if a seizure does not get him.

I'm truly sorry. I personally know the agony of benzo w/d, not recreational, prescribed k-pins and valium, took a very long taper based on Ashton.

Well it's almost been many months now and he's off the benzo's! :) sadly he uses heroin and the good shit I've tried before but no I don't use that nasty shit just tried it a few times never liked it AT ALL! But at least he's trying still to stop everything and he lost that xanax script but can get pure xanax powder but barely even touches that shit just does heroin when he's depressed or wanting to get fuxked up since he craves bars & wants that hard nod he use to get off the bars but by using the heroin.

Edaw: Although many people do not like the structure of 12 step meetings, you may want to sit in a couple of Al-Anon or Narc-Anon meetings. These are for people who care about addicts/alcoholics. It helps bring the focus back onto yourself, and what you can and cannot control. If the meeting is healthy, there is some good stuff there.

That's great he's off Xanax thoughnin sorry to hear that he has replaced it with heroin. I am not surprised, getting off of benzos is a painful process. It's great that you care so much for your friend but unfortunately there is not much you can do to help him get sober with exception of being supportive (not enabling). Most likely your friend's addiction is a symptom of a larger problem, one that he has to address when he is able and ready to. Is he working with a doctor and/or a counselor? Do you know if he is open to professional help as he has a heavy problem that sounds like it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Personally, my concern is for you. Loving an addict is a painful soul crushing process (I say this as an addict who was very loved by friends and family and my addiction just about killed them). Like I said above, be supportive but please do not lose yourself in his addiction. If he is not receptive to treatment be very careful and protect yourself. Set boundaries and stick to them - I recommend writing those boundaries down so you can refer back to them as time goes on. As he spirals further the down the rabbit hole you will most likely find yourself spending more time and resources trying to help him, thus entering his spiral. After a while you will feel very invested, and the more time you devote to helping him the less likely you will want to pull back when your boundaries get crossed or compromised. This is how friends and family essentially get "addicted" to the addict and begin to lose themselves.

From personal experience on each side, both as the addict and also as the caretaker, I can tell you unequivocally this will not help your friend and it will put an unnecessary amount of stress on you, and it helps no one. I am saying all of this to you as I could see how concerned you were for them when thy were using benzos. Now that they are chasing the dragon the game has changed, and it's probably going to get pretty tough from here on out given your friend's benzo use patterns. Opiates are insidious, heroin is worse. People lose themselves very quickly with that particular substance and I don't want to see you deteriorate because of your friend's problem. P0kemomma gives valid advice - go to a few al-anon meetings and learn how to productively support your friend.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how painful it is to watch a loved one self destruct and lose themselves to addiction. Please keep us updated and feel free to post to Bluelight anytime you need support. Feel free to message me should you encounter particularly rough times or need to vent. Best wishes!

That's great he's off Xanax thoughnin sorry to hear that he has replaced it with heroin. I am not surprised, getting off of benzos is a painful process. It's great that you care so much for your friend but unfortunately there is not much you can do to help him get sober with exception of being supportive (not enabling). Most likely your friend's addiction is a symptom of a larger problem, one that he has to address when he is able and ready to. Is he working with a doctor and/or a counselor? Do you know if he is open to professional help as he has a heavy problem that sounds like it is going to get worse before it gets better.

Personally, my concern is for you. Loving an addict is a painful soul crushing process (I say this as an addict who was very loved by friends and family and my addiction just about killed them). Like I said above, be supportive but please do not lose yourself in his addiction. If he is not receptive to treatment be very careful and protect yourself. Set boundaries and stick to them - I recommend writing those boundaries down so you can refer back to them as time goes on. As he spirals further the down the rabbit hole you will most likely find yourself spending more time and resources trying to help him, thus entering his spiral. After a while you will feel very invested, and the more time you devote to helping him the less likely you will want to pull back when your boundaries get crossed or compromised. This is how friends and family essentially get "addicted" to the addict and begin to lose themselves.

From personal experience on each side, both as the addict and also as the caretaker, I can tell you unequivocally this will not help your friend and it will put an unnecessary amount of stress on you, and it helps no one. I am saying all of this to you as I could see how concerned you were for them when thy were using benzos. Now that they are chasing the dragon the game has changed, and it's probably going to get pretty tough from here on out given your friend's benzo use patterns. Opiates are insidious, heroin is worse. People lose themselves very quickly with that particular substance and I don't want to see you deteriorate because of your friend's problem. P0kemomma gives valid advice - go to a few al-anon meetings and learn how to productively support your friend.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how painful it is to watch a loved one self destruct and lose themselves to addiction. Please keep us updated and feel free to post to Bluelight anytime you need support. Feel free to message me should you encounter particularly rough times or need to vent. Best wishes!
He's going to a half way house in another state so he'll be good but he's does crack, heroin, etc... Till he has to go so that'll be his last time getting high for the next week before he goes.