View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Advice from experienced users for a first time trip with lsd

Meow1243

Bluelighter
I really want to try LSD it sounds wonderful from what I've read. I've only had two experiences with psychedelics, both of them from shrooms. The first was a wonderful eye opening experience that left me feeling at peace with myself which gave me a new, beautiful perspective on the world. The second was a "bad trip" which luckily didn't leave me with any negative feelings/views after it was over.
I'm looking for comparisons between LSD and shrooms from people who have tried both, I want to mentally prepare myself for what I may experience during my trip. Also I'd like some tips for how to cope with any negative feelings that may arise whilst tripping. Lastly I'd like some opinions on dosage for a first time experience with LSD, I was thinking a half tab would be good to start with, then maybe I could take the other half if I was feeling good?

For me acid was always more stimulating, feel good get up and dance, don't get me wrong shrooms could be stimulating in a weird way but genuinely more sedating, I feel shrooms can be a lot more difficult, but difficult expirances happen with all psychedelics, I reccomend;

Trying a new room, a chage in scenery, especially a bright room, will make you feel a lot better an distract your bad thoughts.

Have Benzos on hand, sometimes knowing there is a way to dampen your trip and feel less anxiety is a great way to stop bad trips.

Eat healthy, positive mindset, great setting, good luck my friend.

:)

Also, if you could find out the ug dose of your tabs 100ug felt about as intense as 2.5-3.5g of cube mushrooms and the Lucy felt a lot easier to handle, this is subjective though.

It's a lot longer lasting and me and a lot of peers agree is supirour in the visual department. :)

Most tabs are weak as shit. Even with a decently potent tab you should be fine with one. Take the whole thing and don't be scared. You'll be fine. LSD is much more stimulating and euphoric than roomies for me. LSD is a bit more hedonistic. I find it to be superior, although they are both classics for a reason. The only real way to know, is to try it yourself. Words usually fail to describe the psychedelic head-space, although, some seem to have a knack for it.

For me, mushrooms have heavy emotions which can at times be overwhelming in good and sometimes bad ways. LSD I find to be rather easier to control if the need arises, especially around strangers. If you get into an unpleasant thought process, change rooms, change temperature, change any sensory stimuli that you can and you'll probably feel better. Low doses of LSD can be incredibly euphoric. I find that I can look into the mirror on LSD with really cool effects, cant stand it on shrooms.

Last edited:
My personal experience with mushrooms is that they can be fairly confusing.

I find LSD to be better. More euphoric, deeper, more mind blowing, more euphoric.

Some people say the.same about shrooms. You've just got to find what works for you.

Thanks guys, all wonderful answers I think I'm gonna go camping with some close friends ^.^

Do the half of tab if you don't like where your at after about 90 minutes you can always pop the other half. I like shrooms better they get me laughing my ass off and lsd lasts much longer and the last half of the trip is a long slow comedown. Not to mention I get body aches when I used to do acid. Make sure the people you trip with are level headed and not a bunch of dipshits it can make for a bad experience.

Setting is everything. I've tripped over 100 times and had only one bad trip: while I was being chased by cops. Obviously, that would have been no fun with or without acid! I was with an unruly, immature crowd when it happened. Since then, I only trip with one or two very close friends or alone. I really prefer being alone, but I'm a bit of an introverted loner anyway. Camping sounds good. I love tripping in the woods and/or around water.

Tripping alone is also my favorite, I can listen to music and roll around in the floor like a crazy person, can do anything without a second thought, makes for very deep experiences. When I am with others I tend to be very conscious of them, and am always thinking about keeping myself somewhat together, when I really just want to do weird shit like lay in the dirt and smell it and feel its temperature.