• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Advice for getting off oxy?

oatmilk

Greenlighter
okay so i spent 6 months in treatment last year and got out in early december. it was a actually a great experience and i really thought i’d be able to stay clean when i got out buuuut i ended up relapsing on january 4th and started using 60mg of oxy a day. it’s not nearly as bad as my habit was before treatment so i’m trying to stop now before it gets bad again. since last saturday i’ve been able to taper myself down to 20mg a day but the mental stuff is kicking my ass. the anxiety, depression, insomnia, and irritability have always been the hardest part for me. like i’ve hardly left my room at all for the past week and it’s hard to even want to be alive
anyways i bought this big bag of kratom (red maeng da) capsules from my local smoke shop cause i’ve read that it can help with the withdrawal and i know there’s been threads about this on here before but i can’t find any that really tell me if the kratom will help with those specific symptoms. i’ve also read that lyrica can help and i do have access to that. i don’t have access to any of my mental health meds cause i’ve been avoiding my doctor (she’s a close family friend and will def know that i’ve relapsed). so i guess i’m just asking for any advice on where to go from here. do i continue tapering down? or just make the jump and switch to kratom? will it or anything else help with the mental stuff?
i feel so much shame, i can’t go back to rehab my parents have tried so hard to help me and i just can’t let them down again..
sorry this is so wordy i’m not sure which details are helpful or relevant
also double sorry if this is in the wrong thread, i barely know how to use this website

Hey @oatmilk :)

Don't feel bad. It happens to the very best of us, relapse that is. I'm not going to be a broken record here, I'll only say it once, but you should definitely be doing something that gets you out of your room like AA or something similar to that. You just need to have a system for telling people how you feel. Staying in your room, by yourself will never work. Right now though, we will deal with the withdrawal first. You can then decide what you want to do afterward.

Kratom is a plant, the active constituent(s) of which are known as Mitragynine(s) including 7-Hydroxymitragynine among other minor analogs. Mitragynine is an Opioid agonist by the account of all availale research I've read. This makes sense, as Opioid-dependent individuals use it to moderate their habits. To make it simple, I tell people it's best to think of it as a Codeine/Tramadol-level Opioid in terms of its potency. It can be helpful in providing a step down from the more potent stuff like Oxycodone.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is extremely useful for dealing with withdrawal. I would absolutely get some if you can. 100mg 3x/day should be enough to give you some pretty significant relief. Combine this with Kratom for 3-5 days as you work your way down to no Kratom. You can continue taking the Pregabalin for a few more days after that before it's a good idea to start cutting down on that as well. You don't want another dependency if you can avoid it right now. I would definitely not recommend taking the Pregabalin for longer than 2 weeks.

Let me knoiw what you think about this. We can figure it all out. We will starty from square one and get you hopefully into a more tranquil, stable mindset. After that, you can start rebuilding, connect with your doctor and try again with a plan in place.

hi there :)

Don't feel bad. It happens to the very best of us, relapse that is. I'm not going to be a broken record here, I'll only say it once, but you should definitely be doing something that gets you out of your room like AA or something similar to that. You just need to have a system for telling people how you feel. Staying in your room, by yourself will never work. Right now though, we will deal with the withdrawal first. You can then decide what you want to do afterward.
i’ve been in and out of my local NA community for a couple of years now but i can never bring myself to go during a relapse. i know that’s kind of the whole point of it but i just feel so embarrassed about being seen that way. i definitely plan to go back once i kick the oxy.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is extremely useful for dealing with withdrawal. I would absolutely get some if you can. 100mg 3x/day should be enough to give you some pretty significant relief. Combine this with Kratom for 3-5 days as you work your way down to no Kratom. You can continue taking the Pregabalin for a few more days after that before it's a good idea to start cutting down on that as well. You don't want another dependency if you can avoid it right now. I would definitely not recommend taking the Pregabalin for longer than 2 weeks.
that sounds good, i like this plan. i did 5mg of oxy this morning at around 8:30, but i already have the lyrica and the kratom, would it still be okay to make the switch? or would it not work because i already used today?

thank you so much for such a thoughtful response :) this was very helpful

i’ve been in and out of my local NA community for a couple of years now but i can never bring myself to go during a relapse. i know that’s kind of the whole point of it but i just feel so embarrassed about being seen that way. i definitely plan to go back once i kick the oxy.

that sounds good, i like this plan. i did 5mg of oxy this morning at around 8:30, but i already have the lyrica and the kratom, would it still be okay to make the switch? or would it not work because i already used today?

Hi oatmilk,
I don’t have a lot of experience with Lyrica, but I do with kratom. I always take kratom when I notice withdrawals start kicking in.
Wishing you good luck with everything 💜

Keif knows what he's talking about so I wont add too much, but if the 5mg is enough to fend off the withdrawals and have you feeling alright wait before taking the Lyrica. Both can potentiate each other and lead to a more potent experience that can in its self be addictive. Otherwise if your in withdrawal it should only take the edge off. Also know it can take some time to kick in for myself a little over 2 hours.

Hello again @oatmilk :)

I know what it's like to feel the guilt. Growing up, my father was an Alcoholic and Cocaine addict (he got sober in my Junior year of High School, but wasn't really "better" until I was an adult). My mother however, was always there for us. You could set your watch to my mom's schedule. She was never late, never drunk/drugs and she put us ahead of herself at all times. She truly loved us and we love her. Every time I messed up, the guilt would tear me up. I knew I loved my Mom to death, but I had to learn that love was something you had to do, not just something you could say. One of the greatest parts about getting better is that I know my Mom gets to feel that same love she showed me.

I get it, you feel like a repetitive failure. You think this is how everyone sees you. Maybe it is. The thing is, the people in your life that matter, they will forgive. The forgiveness doesn't take years either. If you put a few months together and work hard, people will see that. You will be suprised by how willing people are to forgive you. Don't think it's hopeless. It's not.

I'm glad you got something from my post. Your question, which was essentially "...will it work?". There's nothing stopping you from making the switch. I assume you're meaning the switch to Kratom. Yes, you can, though you should ideally wait until you are feeling poor to start with either the Kratom or the Pregabalin.

The Pregabalin at the right dosage will allow you to go longer without Opioids. It's important to know that Pregabalin is going to be the most effective for the first 7 days. After that, the serious benefits will begin to diminish exponentially. Only take the amount that you need to feel level. The same goes for your Opioid intake.

Let me know if you have any questions about how to use the Pregabalin or regarding anything else. We all have your back, myself included.