• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Advice for first Lorazepam experience

BaconBoy

Greenlighter
I acquired some lorazepam 1mg tablets today and am planning on trying it tonight. (Probably 2 pills)

This will be much first Benzo experience, so any advice on how much too take for a 17 year old at 6" foot about 80 kilograms.

Should I smoke weed aswell?!?

Anything to do that's particularly enjoyable while on them (probably relax and listen to music or TV or something).

I have also been having some anxiety lately that I can't seem to shake so that's kinda what is driving me to test it out along with curiosity.

Side not: I will be accompanied by a friend who may or may not do it aswell

Benzodiazepines such as Lorazepam are usually prescribed for conditions like anxiety so the most likely effects are going to be relaxation, slight feelings of well being and possibly a little mental fogginess. Consider taking one tablet and waiting a while before consuming the other till you become familiar with the effects. Remember that the effects can go from subtle to lights out if you continue increasing the dose for "full" effect.

In conjunction with cannabis it might blend quite well and take the panicky edge off certain strains like potent sativas or leave you on the carpet snoring. While benzos are fairly straightforward in effect, cannabis can be quite subjective. In any case go slow as you can always add to it.
PS: Avoid driving till you learn how this affects you.

Don't take too many. Don't drive or anything else where you need coordination.

You'll probably be a bit underwhelmed, benzos are somewhat subtle. Many people (including yours truly) would say they aren't really "recreational", per se, on their own.

As far as things to do, I like to be in social situations, because I have bad social anxiety, so it kind of makes me realize the effect more, if that makes any sense. But you might get a bit disinhibited, so tread lightly.

Don't combine them with other CNS depressants, though weed is probably ok. I wouldn't bother though, myself.

SPACE OUT YOUR DOSAGES, YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HOOKED ON BENZOS.

Forgive the yelling, but trust me, it's a point worth saying loudly.

Oh yeah, take them on an empty stomach, and maybe try to wait about an hour before eating anything.

EDIT: Jekyl makes a good point about benzos taking the edge off weed anxiety, but for me they also take away part of the fun of the high (which is why I said I wouldn't bother)

To expand on the suggestion to space out dosages given by Bobby, it is a common among new benzodiazepine users to compulsively redose. Keep this in mind and maybe even place the pills in a place that isn't convenient to access after taking them for the first few times taking it to establish what the dosage feels like through the full period of action. I'd also recommend for the same reason to take it on its own the first time to know how it effects you. If you are someone who responds conversely to benzos, mixing it with weed could amplify some of the negative effects like suicidal thoughts or hyperarousal. On a personal note, I don't find benzos too thrilling on a recreational level and recently documented my experience trying a similar compound (Etizolam) in a recreational fashion here. Here's some lessons I have learned... Taking too much or mixing with other GABAergic depressants like alcohol in significant quantities is very likely to cause a blackout. It only takes a few days of continuous use to start building a tolerance, but can take around two weeks to return to a baseline. Benzodiazepines lower inhibitions, so it may be best to limit social interaction until you know how they effect you. As Jekyl mentioned, avoid driving and furthermore avoid activities that could be dangerous while sedated (lifting, shaving, sports etc...). I wish you a positive experience.

The only advice I can really give you when you take any benzo is to stay at home and relax. Lay down, watch some TV, listen to some chill, laid-back music and maybe invite a friend or two over to conversate with. It is definitely NOT a party drug IMO and I wouldn't even recommend going out into public places on them unless you're just taking a low, therapeutic dose.

I can't really give you any specific advice on Lorazepam though, as I have not really experimented with or used this particular substance too much. My benzos of choice are Xanax and Klonopin.

Thanks guys I'll probabaly take it later tonight at like 11 and probably just 1 or 2 depending on how I feel

Oh, and just curious... when you say your "first benzo experience", does that include ALL benzos (Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan, Restoril, etc.), just to name a few of the more popular ones... or is this just your first Ativan experience?

Anyway, let us know how you liked it!

Hey OP, as far as you determining the quality of your experience; what you do with it, how you enjoy it, that's going to be on you my friend. What we can advise you on more accurately and definitively is going to be safety. Benzodiazepines are actually very safe medicines from a strictly medical standpoint. By themselves, they're unlikely to cause serious complications even in excessive dosages, barring of course, combination with other depressants, in which case they become quite dangerous.

The major issue with Benzodiazepines, I feel, is the potential they have to cause social harm. Benzodiazepines are very well-known, even by some people who have never used them, for their propensity to induce complete and utter blackout or loss of consciousness while still appearing and acting relatively conscious. Once you cross a certain threshold, things can become unhinged very quickly. You could easily end up driving a car, breaking into a house, pissing on a cop car... anything. You then have the privilege of facing serious consequences for something you have no recollection of even doing.

I don't mean to scare you, but this is for real. Bad things can and do happen. For this reason, keep your dosage low. Start with 2mg and I would suggest putting the pill bottle elsewhere. It's a small precaution, but keeping them on your coffee table next to your laptop is probably a bad idea. The blackout can start, you might forget you've taken any pills, take more and off you go. If you have a trusted roommate or friend, I would give them the pills. I doubt any of these things will happen, but it would be irresponsible for me not to mention the possibilities to you. I, no joke, have faced pretty serious consequences solely due to my decision to indulge in a couple of Bars.

Something else to consider about Benzodiazepines and something that makes them all the more dangerous, is that the effects are usually very subtle. It's not like taking a hit off of a joint where you immediately start feeling effects. Benzodiazepines come on subtly and stay subtly. It's often not possible for the user to comprehend how intoxicated they even are. So, many folks, like myself might decide to take a couple of more pills even when they're already pretty intoxicated.

Be careful and be responsible!

Yea man just take 2, chill around the crib give it 30 mins to an hour then smoke a lil bud if you got it and relax you'll be fine bro

Something else to consider about Benzodiazepines and something that makes them all the more dangerous, is that the effects are usually very subtle. It's not like taking a hit off of a joint where you immediately start feeling effects. Benzodiazepines come on subtly and stay subtly. It's often not possible for the user to comprehend how intoxicated they even are. So, many folks, like myself might decide to take a couple of more pills even when they're already pretty intoxicated.

Be careful and be responsible!

Very well put. This happened to me once before when I was taking Klonopin. They take so long to kick in... up to an hour or sometimes even two. So after taking some and not really feeling anything, I re-dosed. BIG mistake. That was the last thing I remember. I woke up in jail and had to do 30 days for something I didn't even remember doing.

Oh, and just curious... when you say your "first benzo experience", does that include ALL benzos (Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan, Restoril, etc.), just to name a few of the more popular ones... or is this just your first Ativan experience?

Anyway, let us know how you liked it!

Yeah it was my first and it was awesome with weed super relieving for anxiety i laughed and had a good time no fear what so ever

UPDATE: I took one and smoked bud and it was the funniest and most relaxing experience ever with my mates. Then I did the same the next night and once again no anxiety very pleasant high. I then drank the next day during the day, i had 6 beers in the space of an hour and ended up throwing up like 3 hours later. I can normally tolerate a fair bit more alcohol then that, so it might be because of the lorazepam the night before.
Anyway since then I smoked weed without the lorazepam and i still felt calm (not as warm and fuzzy, but relaxed more than normal)
Overall very soothing and is nice relief from anxiety

Glad it worked out for you man! Definitely don't drink anytime you take any benzo, like lorazepam.. It can and will cause blackouts, and be a totally overwhelming fucked up kind of feeling... its not fun. I have done it before mixing Xanax with alcohol.. and blacked out, woke up like 4-5 hours later at someone elses house, not knowing what was going on.. until I got out of the fog and my friend explained what had happened who I was with when I blacked out.. he told me I almost tried to drive, and he had to take my keys because right before I blacked out I was being super belligerent and just had no idea of what I was doing, in the slightest.. never will, because my memory from that experience was totally erased.. so yeah. Smoke weed, as much weed as you want if you do decide to take benzos of any kind again.. weed and benzos, is totally fine, and safe.. and feels wonderful, it is a great synergy.. I don't smoke weed or hash/hash oil, etc. like I used to a while back, when I was a true stoner.. but I do take clonazepam daily, aka klonopin or rivotril, which is another benzo.. depending on what country your in. It is called klonopin in the US where I am from.. Anyways, I did, the other day, smoke some really good bud, white widow I believe, with a couple dabs of some really good hash oil on top of the bowl, with my daily dose of klonopin and wow! boy I felt fucking amazing.. it really made me want to get back into smoking weed, again, like I used to do everyday! it has such a great synergy with benzos! my favorite benzos are the long-acting ones like diazepam and clonazepam which I take atm, used to be on diazepam(valium), and liked it a bit more.. my newer doctor, whom gives me clonazepam, hates valium though, so I was kinda forced to switch back.. I haven't ever had much luck with Ativan or lorazepam, I have given it many chances, but it just doesn't do it for me.. everyone is very different with how they will react to benzos, and taking different ones.. also, I wouldn't make a habit of taking lorazepam, it can be habit forming, and the addiction can cause some of the most awful withdrawls you could possibly imagine.. been there, done that! never again, will I let that happen if I can help it! worst feeling both physically and mentally, I have ever felt! be safe, burn it down, and be careful with those benzos my friend, they can be sneaky and have you taking em everyday, building a tolerance, and taking more and more... or they can be wonderful tools, to help those of us (like myself!) with unbearable general/social anxiety, panic attacks, and insomnia, if taken in a responsible manner...

Glad you enjoyed it!! I find that ativan seems to have the longest effects out of all the benzos....

Glad you enjoyed it!! I find that ativan seems to have the longest effects out of all the benzos....

dude, this threads been dead for like a year - don't be a necro, let dead threads rest.

alright my bad my bad new to this site clicked ativan and it was on the first page assumed it was new so never looked at the date. won't happen again dude. mistakes happen alright?
dude, this threads been dead for like a year - don't be a necro, let dead threads rest.

alright my bad my bad new to this site clicked ativan and it was on the first page assumed it was new so never looked at the date. won't happen again dude. mistakes happen alright?

sorry man but we're gonna have to ask you to leave, we just can't put up with unacceptable behaviors such as hahahaha yeah its cool man dw about it aha