• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Advice following kidney removal

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo

Greenlighter
I've just had a kidney removed due to kidney cancer. Successful treatment, 90% chance it's all cured, recurrence chances very slim I've been a very light recreational drug user since my late thirties (mid forties now) and I need some advice on how to handle this going forward. I don't drink and haven;t for nearly 20 years. Don't smoke, never have.

When I say light, I really do mean very light. I use mdma, ket, GHB occasionally, coke rarely. Have used LSD in the past once and would like to again. In combination, sometimes coke + ket, sometimes mdma + ket. I use rarely. Couple of small bombs of mdma on a night out once every couple of months, coke extremely rarely. Sometimes use ket at home but never to k-hole levels. Maybe 3-4 small bumps across the course of an evening. 1 to 2 grams across the course of a whole year.

My dilemma is getting some solid medical advice on whether I need to give up completely. My use is so light, and my consultant says just carry on as normal...one kidney does the same job as two, but I want to know if there are any drugs in my list that are particularly toxic to the kidney when used occasionally. All the online advice seems to apply to chronic use which is not really a problem for me. I just need to know whether I can carry on with occasional light use, or whether there are particular drugs to avoid, or whether I should give it all up completely.

This may not be the right forum for this in which case apologies, and I am happy to be redirected to the best place to post. Thanks for any insights or help.