• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Adrafinil - Reviews Welcome Please

CoastTwoCoast

Bluelighter
I have ADHD and was searching for a stimulant/amphetamine. I stumbled across a site that sells Adrafinil and ordered 2 bottles. It will be here Monday. I'm excited based on reviews I've read. People take 300 mg and in an hour they are alert, focused and have energy all day. You can also up it to 600 mg, but I'll start at 300 mg. Some say it's even better than Adderall because it's smooth and no jitters. It's similar to Modafinil, but a prescription is needed for that. Here's the description from the site I ordered from:

Benefits

• INCREASE FOCUS AND VIGILANCE - Adrafinil is a potent nootropic supplement that makes paying attention easier.
  • ENHANCE COGNITION AND MENTAL ACUITY - Improves working memory, motivation, and problem solving ability.
  • BOOST MOTIVATION - Have more energy when tackling complex problems or long assignments.
  • MADE IN THE USA - Our Adrafinil is manufactured right here in the US.
Description

Many people consider Adrafinil to be the most potent nootropic available that does not require a prescription. It has been proven to enhance a wide range of cognitive functions including memory, focus, energy, and problem solving ability. It has also been shown to positively effect mood and increase levels of motivation. It is the perfect nootropic for students looking to pick up an extra edge in the classroom or employees who experience mental or physical fatigue during the work day.
Recommended Dosage

The recommended dosage of Adrafinil is 300 mg, although some people have reported needing 600 mg to experience it’s full benefits. It’s recommended to start at a 300 mg dose, and to only increase the dosage if you find this dosage to be insufficient.
Taking doses higher than 600 mg at once not only increases the possibility of experiencing adverse side effects, but may even reduce the effectiveness of the compound.
Adrafinil Side Effects

Unlike amphetamines and related stimulants, Adrafinil does not cause any anxiogenic (anxiety causing) side effects or other side effects resulting from stimulation of the peripheral nervous system. [1][2] That said, Adrafinil has been known to cause the following side effects in some individuals:

• Mild headaches
  • Nausea
  • Appetite reduction
  • Increase in liver enzyme counts
  • Insomnia
Most important to note is that Adrafinil has been shown to increase counts of liver enzymes when taken regularly, suggesting that sustained use could cause liver damage. It’s effect on liver enzyme profiles is small and has been shown to be similar to that of tylenol. This means that while infrequent use isn’t likely to cause liver damage, like with Tylenol Adrafinil should never be taken with alcohol and any drugs shown to have similar effects on liver enzymes.

Has anyone tried this? What's your experience? I'll give a review when I try it Monday. Hopefully it works!

Last edited:
It’s not all that in my opinion. I take it over coffee because it doesn’t give you the jitters, but it’s nowhere close to Adderall. Basically it just promotes wakefulness, so no yawns or feeling sleepy.

I dose 600mg’s on days I work. Oh and it gives your pee a strong and very noticeable smell...

Yeah correct, the effects are barely noticeable. You basically just feel more awake (less sleepy) pretty much nothing enjoyable about it really, which can be a good or bad thing depending on what your looking to get out of it.

And yes, it makes your pee smell funny... Kinda sulfur like (rotten egg smell). It can also make your sweat and breath smell like sulphur too but this usually isn't noticeable unless you take too much of it.

Dose first thing in the morning or you may notice it's much more difficult to fall asleep at night.

Wow, every review I've read mentioned that strong pee smell. I wonder if I can counteract that when I start drinking apple cider vinegar every day.

I think it could be a good replacement for coffee and I like that it lasts throughout the day.

I'll use this and see how it works until my next psychiatrist appointment. Ultimately, I would like to try Dexedrine.

I'm not a fan. I think caffeine + l-theanine is a way better stim. Adrafinil made me feel a little more awake if I was sleep deprived, but I don't get a concentration boost out of it.

Ah ok. I was already planning on getting caffeine + L-theanine from Amazon. Funny you mentioned it. Maybe I can combine Adrafinil with the caffeine + l-theanine. I'll try Adrafinil on its own first.

I don't like it either - gives me a headache and i don't find it to be very useful. not worth it, basically.
I suspect if it was any good, it would be scheduled.

Also, please be wary of our sourcing rules - even for legal "supplements" or nootropics, any source discussion is a no-no (that includes amazon etc).
It's also easy to find out what you're referencing by googling the text you copy+pasted.
It's preferable to reword or paraphrase things like that, if you can. Not such an issue with this substance, but for harder-to-find substances, it could lead somebody to a source, which is what we are trying to avoid. We don't differentiate between legal and illegal drugs (in terms of sourcing) so i just thought i'd mention it for future reference.

I don't like it either - gives me a headache and i don't find it to be very useful. not worth it, basically.
I suspect if it was any good, it would be scheduled.

Also, please be wary of our sourcing rules - even for legal "supplements" or nootropics, any source discussion is a no-no (that includes amazon etc).
It's also easy to find out what you're referencing by googling the text you copy+pasted.
It's preferable to reword or paraphrase things like that, if you can. Not such an issue with this substance, but for harder-to-find substances, it could lead somebody to a source, which is what we are trying to avoid. We don't differentiate between legal and illegal drugs (in terms of sourcing) so i just thought i'd mention it for future reference.

Thank you for that reminder about sources! It slipped my mind.

I haven't seen any good reviews here so far. Haha

Everything works differently for different people.
I've never tried modafinil, but some people rave about it. I've even heard of a friend of a friend who prefers modafinil (obviously not adrafinil, but similar) to dexamphetamine, which is not a common opinion, but apparently at least one person holds it.
I suspect that adrafinil is probably fairly safe (though i'm not sure if there is much data on its safety?) so in theory, it can't hurt to try.
Be interested to hear what you think of it, if you can report back :)

Ive tried it but its crap compared to amphetamine so yeah...

Ive tried it but its crap compared to amphetamine so yeah...

Yeah it's doesn't give you that high, but if you just want to drive halfway across the country in one day, it'll do in a pinch. I like it because I won't take all 30 in one day like I would with adderall. Adrafinil is okay but kind of weak. Adrafinil is the pro-drug for modafinil so having your body do all that work to turn it into adrafinil can be hard on the liver they say, but I think the danger is relatively minimal if you're not doing it all the time.

Last edited:
I believe it promotes wakefulness without being especially stimulating. Would that be an accurate description?

I believe it promotes wakefulness without being especially stimulating. Would that be an accurate description?

Exactly.
That's why it is usually referred to as a "eugeroic" or "wakefulness promoting agent" rather than a stimulant. There is *some* stimulation and supposedly there is some mild effect on dopamine reuptake that may be the reason for its mild antidepressant effect, but it is basically non-euphoric and won't get you "amped up" or anything.

I mean... it is a downright revolutionary medication for many applications, but a replacement for amphetamines it ain't. Of course if someone has ADHD but also has a tendency toward drug-seeking behavior that may actually make it a better choice than dexedrine.

(note: This post applies to both modafinil and adrafinil, the latter being a pro-drug of the former)

Mostly I just experience wakefulness from this stuff - and caffeine works better in this regard for me honestly.

There are some other minor changes I notice for the next ~18 hours or so after dosing. My libido is increased somewhat, I find it more difficult to fall asleep and the quality of sleep I do get is crappier. I also experience a slightly greater drive/motivation which isn't anything like that from traditional stimulants, I just notice it's slightly easier to begin and following through with tasks.

I also experience a slightly greater drive/motivation which isn't anything like that from traditional stimulants, I just notice it's slightly easier to begin and following through with tasks.

Sounds good, excited for my delivery today! I don't expect it to be anything like an amphetamine and I'm not trying to get high off of it. I just want a general mood boost and alertness.

It has many of the positives the others have noted, but it affects my sleep in a very negative way and takes about 2 days before I can sleep deeply again unless I use a 1st gen anti-histamine. This is why it's not a viable ADHD stimulant for me.

I took 600 mg at 8 am. I should've started with 300 mg. I've spent most of the day battling physical discomfort. I've had an upset stomach and acid reflux. It felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest. I've read dehydration can be an issue so I'm drinking water.

It took a couple of hours to kick in and make me feel alert. Maybe being too alert isn't such a good thing because I became very aware of everything. It made me aggravated and depressed. Negative thoughts came in like a flood and I felt like everything sucks. Those feelings seem to be lifting a bit. I think it's leveling off as the day passes. There's no motivation to get up and do anything, but some of that was due to physical discomfort. I'm not motivated to socialize. I've been saying very little today.

This drug triggers your "fight or flight" response and it makes me just want to hide away from everything and keep to myself. Anxiety was heightened. I took a couple of 600 mg Gabapentin and that seemed to take some of the edge off.

Things are feeling a bit better overall now at 3:23 pm. I imagine it will continue feeling better the rest of the day. I will only take 300 mg tomorrow morning. From what I've read, it takes a few days for it to really work well and also you have to play around with the dose to find your sweet spot.

The physical discomfort is not fun. I learned the hard way it's worth taking it easy for starters.

Im sorry to hear that but yeah 600mg is a bit much for a first dose.

I usually only take 100-200mg. I start to notice more annoying side effects if I go higher, side effects like insomnia and aggravation/irritation.

I'd be interested to hear if you find that the drugs effects improve after taking it daily for awhile. I always assumed tolerance would kick in and it would basically do very little after a few days, but I could be wrong. I've never taken it more than two days in a row and usually only use it like once or twice a month.

Im sorry to hear that but yeah 600mg is a bit much for a first dose.

I usually only take 100-200mg. I start to notice more annoying side effects if I go higher, side effects like insomnia and aggravation/irritation.

I'd be interested to hear if you find that the drugs effects improve after taking it daily for awhile. I always assumed tolerance would kick in and it would basically do very little after a few days, but I could be wrong. I've never taken it more than two days in a row and usually only use it like once or twice a month.

It's good you get results with 100-200 mg. My capsules are 300 mg.

You seem to be taking it the correct way and it's best to be on the safe side. Adrafinil needs to be cycled because it can cause liver toxicity with long-term use.

"Cycling Adrafinil:

As with many nootropics, they should not be taken for uninterrupted extended periods of time. Instead, you should consider cycling it.

In addition to preventing negative side effects, cycling also reduces the odds of your body becoming immune to its effects.

An example of cycling would be to use it for 3 times per week for two weeks, followed by one week off. After your one week off, take it 3 times per week for one week, followed by two weeks off and repeat.
Adrafinil should not be taken for longer than 5 months in a row."

Luckily, I was able to sleep last night. The anxiety and hypersensitivity went away around midnight. Before that, any little noise disturbed me, my nerves were really bad and my body hurt. Around 1 am, I took some phenibut FAA since that doesn't bother the digestive system and I figured it could help calm my nerves. It worked. I slept well and woke up feeling brand new!

I'm going to stay away from Adrafinil for a bit. I was doing really well with a synephrine/caffeine stack + exercise because I'm more into getting fit at this point. My mood is usually better after that anyway. Maybe I'll try a lower dose of Adrafinil on days I'm not working out because I don't want to mix it with other supplements.

It's worth it to do more research because so far, I can't see the benefits outweighing the side effects.