• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Admitting myself to a psych ward - receiving medications??

Benzo-'Done Cuffs

Greenlighter
Hey so I have tried searching for this info and couldn't find any answers... I am really thinking about checking myself into a psych ward/hospital for thoughts/actions of suicide. I am homeless after a break-up, have done some cutting and have had severe actions that make me think this could be the right option to admit myself. I tried to O.D. on my prescribed klonopin and I now have low to no supply, and I am also on 120mg of methadone daily. My main concern is the medications... I have had 3 seizures in the past due to benzo withdrawal so I know I need to fix that situation(I have enough for today that's it), and I know the methadone is a high dose. Especially because of the fact that I am out of my klonopin due to a suicide attempt, will they give me my prescribed dose?(1mg 3x a day), and will they tell me to talk to my psychiatrist first? I am really stressing out on this as I would like to admit myself today ASAP. Any personal experiences or advice would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

Hey,
Yeah, I think you should go to the hospital now , while you can still explain your situation coherently and correctly and be totally honest with them. They will help you. Don't be scared. You will be surprised how helpful they can be if you treat them with respect they will treat you with respect.

I am praying for you. Hang in there. This is a temporary situation. Not worthy of killing yourself. Not such a big deal as it feels and seems okay? You will be alright.

Best of luck and you get yourself feeling better soon.
Sending you love and support. Courage.
❤️

Thank you for your support I appreciate it; I don't even have a phone right now so I am going to drive to the more local hospital and see if they happen to have a psychiatric unit, or I know of another that definitely does. When I tried searching for info I read so many horror stories about U.S. wards in general...All I care about is receiving my medications though!, I'm not too worried about the rest. And they may add medications too of course, I would just hate to admit myself and be stuck and in 2 types of withdrawal:(

Please inform the emergency room staff that you have suicidal ideations. They will make sure you get the care you need, if for no other reason than they're covering their own asses They're not just going to give you a benzo script and usher you out the door. Depending on the time of day you actually arrive on the ward, you might have to wait until the next day to see the psychiatrist, but the ER doctor should order what you need in the meantime.