Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

ADHD Drug Testing

Blibbleblabble

Greenlighter
Hi, long time lurker first time posting here

A friend of mine is on ADHD medication and has to visit his psychiatrist every 3 months to receive his medication and every time he does he's well aware that he may be asked to take a drug test. For the most part he's fit person, works out regularly and takes all the multivitamins, pre-workout and creatine supplements which is probably going to do a pretty good job of covering up diluted samples and expelling drugs from his system faster (correct me if this is wrong). On top of that he has enough self control to stay sober within a 1-2 week period of his appointment which means he's going to be clean for most things anyway.

The issue however is he enjoys marijuana on the odd occasion and knows that it can be detected in urine samples for up to 3 months in heavy users, which he is not but he's concerned that doing it once every 1-2 weeks may not give him enough time to expel it from his system for a drug test within 2 weeks especially if he goes hard. So aside from needing a bit of reassurance about how far out it should be spaced out what he really needs to know is what are the consequences of failing a test.

He knows for certain that his psychiatrist will refuse further treatment but does it go beyond that? Is it recorded against his name in such a way that no other psychiatrist will treat him. This medication is definitely essential to him and without it he can't imagine coping with study and university so it's really important to know what effect failing a test will have on him so he can decide whether or not it's worth getting high on those odd few occasions.

It occurs to me that it might be relative to the state that we're on. So specifically I'm asking about WA but if you're from a different state please feel free to share what you know anyway just say what state you're from if it's not too much trouble :)

Last edited: