• ✍️ WORDS ✍️

Welcome Guest!

• Words Moderators: Mysterier

Adept synonyms for having the "upper hand"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
I was pondering the nature of relationships and, to be frank about it - fucking.

To fuck, is something that happens on first sight, because it's on a level of feelings and emotions that one is initially fucked with.

That merely translates to intimacy later.

But specifically to characterize in words, the nature of being able to "fuck with someone" - I see it as having the "emotional upper hand".

Say a beautiful woman with her selling points accentuated;

This elicits a profound emotional response such that, she has the emotional advantage.

THIS is what makes dudes want to have sex with her.

The emotional advantage she has.

Basically in terms of words however, instead of saying, "emotional upper hand" - there's got to be a more succinct definition?

- Emotional dominance

- Emotional supremacy

- Emotional .........

Fill in the blank.

This is not a one-way street. Your perception is that women universally have the upper hand by having certain morphological traits, but that isn't entirely accurate. The presumption is that it's purposeful to your definition; I believe this rating is a mental shortcut for mate selection. Assessments of physical attractiveness are hard-wired in human genetics all across the gender spectrum.

I'm honestly not sure how to add to your list of terms. Perhaps a cursory search for synonyms of those words will yield the results for which you're looking.

Emotional edge - definitely like that.

Cause you're battling with others that will put EVERYTHING on the line to get that last word in;

Saying "dominance" or "advantage" is like no contest, effortless - which I don't think it ever will be.

If we're ahead, it's typically by a nose, we're barely getting over and above, an edge.

It's insane to me how the well being of the very nervous systems of so many depend on this dynamic.

Take that emotional edge away from them = their brain melts.

In some cases they may change their entire life direction or go into a depression? (in cases of degenerates, this is very much a positive outcome).

Allow them to stay in their comfort zone via allowing them to keep their emotional edge = not doing the world any favours.

For the kind of dynamic I think you're describing, I don't know that I'd say 'emotional edge'; I'd just say 'edge'. Maybe that was what you meant, cduggles?

And as Mysterier says, it's a two-way street.

Of course emotions/affects are involved, but rarely, if ever, in isolation. What about power, position, intellect, linguistic facility, appearance, class, race, gender, demeanor, poise, etc, etc? Admittedly, some of these overlap with the affective realm. But even then, what about the broader setting and milieu in which the interaction takes place? That may also confer certain advantages, disadvantages, opportunities, etc, for one or the other party.

Also, both individuals may simultaneously feel they have the 'edge', whether consciously or unconsciously.

The way I see it, 'selling points' is objectifying, and glosses over the complexities of any interpersonal dynamic, sexual or otherwise.

But sorry, you were just looking for advice on a word/phrase. Don't mind me ... :unsure:

Last edited:
Battling to attain/maintain the "emotional edge".

This is women vs men.

When you have the emotional edge = you have control, you have sexual authority.

Is it biological predispostion or just intuitive ability but women seem to basically innately know how to get and maintain said emotional edge.

For a man, it's attainable, but the means of attainment are diverse and counter intuitive (and I believe have not yet been realized in the history of humanity).

I think women historically "like" a man that has some emotional edge = turns them on.

But a man whom they ultimately can control (to feel secure) via the superior emotional edge.

Overpowered
Strong armed
Pulled a heavy
Disenfranchised
Holding it over
Managed

- "Emotional edge".

Like that expression so much.

God dayum......

The lengths people go to to maintain that emotional edge.

It's like it almost determines the entire state of their behaviour.

When trying to get laid:

- Never attempt direct engagement.

- And never express affection openly.

Both = you lose the emotional edge immediately, as they expose/compromise you as having no emotional edge = super turn off.

Thoughts.... ?

Last edited:
It sounds like an unfortunate game where results vary wildly depending on the person and circumstances therein.

To capture the day to day affect most accurately,

bpYuI9K.png

So basically whoever has the emotional "upper hand" calls the shots sexually, including who wants who more, sexually.
When it happens etc.

So describing this, it's a two way street. For individuals to be attracted to each other, both most have some kind of emotional leverage, therefore it's never "supremacy" or "dominance".

It's like, just ahead, edge, lead etc.

Some chicks want to be rebellious, but you get the emotional edge on them = it backfires on them.

I believe this has run its course. Please feel free to continue your musings in your blog.

Status
Not open for further replies.