• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Adding THC to hemp

bsthebenster

Greenlighter
Hey guys, how's it going. I've been lurking on the forum for years now, but this is my first post so take it easy on me for the love of god haha.

So, I've been reading around online and from what I gather, it seems like hemp doesn't get you high because it has CBD but no THC. I'm led to believe that CBD isn't active on its own, but instead is "activated" per say, by the THC found in weed.

Now, I've always been in pursuit of the weed with the highest CBD to THC ratio. So what I was wondering was if I were get ahold of some hemp and sprinkle some THC from my crystal catcher onto it, do you think this would give a good CBD body stone?

Im not exactly an expert when it comes to pot, I was hoping that someone here would know as a lot of you seem to know what you're talking about.

Welcome to bluelight! Happy to have you here!
Thank you for your post.

And I believe there are some strains of marijuana that are grown strictly for their CBD. (Harlequin, Charlotte's Web, Cattatonic, Sour Tsunami)
Now, I've never heard of CBD not being active unless THC is involved, though I may be incorrect, as this is not my field of expertise, Im sure there are some who are here that can elaborate.

Yes this is true. Charlottes web will get you STONED when smoked. I actually prefer the CBD strains to be smoked rather than vape. There must be some noids in it that get burned up at my vapes temperature. All of these get you high. I feel there's a lot of misinformation around, because at my dispensary they told me that children use this strain and you "cant get high off any form". That's so wrong, children use the tincture with absolutely no THC that is from this strain. Smoking the strain gets you stoned as fuck, though I haven't smoked weed in about 2 years, as it started giving me psychosis.

Ya I'm also not quite sure what the deal with CBD is. I've read many times that it's not psychoactive, I've also read that CBD is mainly responsible for the indica vs sativa high, I also hear it's only active in the sense that it converts thc into a different drug, with different effects once in the blood stream. I can't seem to find a clear answer one way or the other.

CBX interact with THC I feel guiding it's effect to a more medical effect. Can't say I understand how.

industrial hemp has really low levels of CBD compared to medicinal high CBD cannabis. I don't know if it is regulated but for industrial hemp grows it has to test out at much less than 1% THC. I think the levels of CBD compared to THC might be higher in industrial hemp, but it would still be much less than dirt brick weed. Essentially what makes high quality cannabis high quality is the ratio of THC/CBD to plant matter. Many within the medicinal community desires high CBD and lower THC, which would by comparison have much much higher levels of both THC and CBD than industrial hemp would.

Ah, it just has a high CBD to THC ratio but no significant amount of either? That makes sense, thanks.