• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Flower Adding smokable herbs (like mullein)?

ccassa

Bluelighter
I've known friends to add green tea leaves when smoking, but recently came across the respiratory benefits of mullein, specifically. So naturally I started looking into combinations of different dried herbs that I could add to my stash (Marshmallow Root, Damiana, etc) and was wondering if anyone else has done/does this? And what's been y'all's experience(s) with the blends, if any?

its one of the ones ive heard of that i would have liked to try, but never did. Have tried camomile and raspberry leaf, the camomile was one of the smoothest smokes ever but it also tastes/ smells too weird
They are usually inexpensive so if you get some and try , let us know

Im guessing you are simply looking at it as a tobacco alternative? i gave up with looking for alternatives and just vape or very rarely bong it (mainly hash)
If anyone is looking for a cheap filler id suggest some CBD flower trim / shake , its usually inexpensive and will bring on more chill to a high as well as taste better than tobacco

Surely just smoking less volume and only smoking the weed itself to get you high is the way.

Small pipes/dry herb vapes would probably be best.

Man.... Man, oh man.....

So yeah. Absolutely. Yes without a shadow of a doubt.

I was younger, though, gainfully employed but making a pittance compared to what I earn nowadays. I loved to smoke and tried to figure out ways to stretch a stash-- sort of water it down like a liquor bottle, you know?

It, uhhh.... well, it worked. I stretched my stash and still got high. Even managed to tell myself I enjoyed the flavor (plot twist: I didn't.)
You know what put an end to it for me, though? I came on here one day a long time ago and made a thread similar to this one, only....

::sigh::

Only I made the mistake thinking others thought like me, and I mentioned that one of the things I was considering was catnip.

Dude, I caught so much shit for that thread that I almost deleted my account, lol.

These days the closest you'll catch me doing this is sprinkling a little bit of already-vaped bud into a fresh joint. I'm not sure all the science behind it but just the tiniest pinch of AVB in an otherwise regular joint puts me right to sleep.

Damiana is an enjoyable, but weak, buzz. I used to like a joint of Damiana in the evening after a day of smoking pot. That time when just a hit or so of pot is all you need to refresh things. A joint of Damiana will do so as well with a pleasant "flavor" to it.
Not much on it's own.

Last edited:
These days the closest you'll catch me doing this is sprinkling a little bit of already-vaped bud into a fresh joint. I'm not sure all the science behind it but just the tiniest pinch of AVB in an otherwise regular joint puts me right to sleep.
that sounds harsh to smoke though

Surely the most sensible thing would be just smoke less and smoke it pure...

I only smoke small pipes now. Handmade from African blackwood with a bamboo stem. I'll smoke maybe 2 or 3 back to back, 3-4x a day. Each 2 or 3 adds up to less than I'd put in one (tobacco) joint.

i always found pipes harsh , and pure is just too much weed for me to consume in one go (years ago i would have smoked a regular sized pure rollie to myself but not these days,
Once you been spoiled with vapes and small bongs hooked onto vapes consuming a smaller (but equally strong) all in one hit no relighting up stale half smoked joints , then ye cant really go back lol
but i do think cbd flower trim is probably the best choice if you are going to mix anything with thc weed

Man.... Man, oh man.....

So yeah. Absolutely. Yes without a shadow of a doubt.

I was younger, though, gainfully employed but making a pittance compared to what I earn nowadays. I loved to smoke and tried to figure out ways to stretch a stash-- sort of water it down like a liquor bottle, you know?

It, uhhh.... well, it worked. I stretched my stash and still got high. Even managed to tell myself I enjoyed the flavor (plot twist: I didn't.)
You know what put an end to it for me, though? I came on here one day a long time ago and made a thread similar to this one, only....

::sigh::

Only I made the mistake thinking others thought like me, and I mentioned that one of the things I was considering was catnip.

Dude, I caught so much shit for that thread that I almost deleted my account, lol.

Catnip :ROFLMAO:

Interesting regarding the AVB though and sedation. Seem to remember one of the most sedating cannabinoids has a high vaping temp so is commonly left over in AVB which could explain things

When I gave up baccy I used raspberry leaf or dried nettles as a baccy substitiute for spliffs. Not for long though. Much better to just roll blunts, or use pipes/vapes/edibles

I used coltsfoot to stop smoking cigarettes.

we used colt's foot to make fun of rocky, man, me and tum-tum kept singing rocky loves emily while he twirled his foot and emphasized the syllables

it was dope, but i really kind of regretted it after i caught a sidekick to the chest on the top bunk

For the uninitiated:

Last edited:
that sounds harsh to smoke though

I don't use much! It's probably a 1:5 ratio of AVB:fresh flower, and my li'l joints tend to be about 0.5g-0.7g. It's basically just a pinch of AVB crumbled and spread evenly, and then properly mixed by pouring the whole mixture onto my rolling tray several times (that's not EXACTLY how I mix it but it's close enough)

And yes, sometimes it hits/tastes like a fuckin' donkey kick but only when I'm too drunk to make an even mixture (I wanted to say homogenous mixture but it felt wrong, if anyone could chime in on that it would be most welcome)

EDIT: I need to apologize for saying the word mixture so many times. I re-read my post and started to feel fuckin' autistic.

Last edited: